Sexually Transmitted Diseases/std via oral

QUESTION: if i give oral to a man who has genital warts will i get warts in my mouth?

ANSWER: Greetings,

Because the virus is passed through direct skin to skin contact: YES. If you have exposed yourself to unprotected oral intercourse then wait 3-4 weeks to get yourself tested as that's how long it takes for antibodies to form to HPV. Consider going to your primary care provider or the local health department for an STI panel.

QUESTION: no we have not had any sexual contact except kissing. but i want to have a relationship with him but im not sure what to do.

Is he taking his medication? Does he have any active warts? Use flavored condoms to make oral sex more pleasurable for you and your partner, but unprotected intercourse is very risky as I originally stated. So unless your partner has a clean bill of health then I wouldn't NOT use protection of some kind.

Sexually Transmitted Diseases

John Brice

Educated and certified in STI information, HIV and AIDS, and trained in comprehensive sex education for teens and young adults. Providing counseling in sexuality, sexual interests, and sexual orientations, pregnancy prevention, safer sex initiatives, and teaching health education seminars to adults ages 18-65 for the past 3 years. Serve underserved clients in homeless shelters, workplace readiness programs, and detention centers. Three term AmeriCorps domestic service volunteer and Peace Corps nominee for Health Service to Lesotho and Rwanda. Providing services to the GLBTQIA populations of which I am a member.

3 years as a volunteer Emergency Medical Technician (Advanced) for 3 years and comprehensive sex educator for 3 years and parenting educator for 3 years. *North Carolina State Certified Emergency Medical Technician, #P083512 *Certified Health Education Specialist, #22589

*American Public Health Association *National Commission on Health Education Credentialing

American Public Health Association, Student Assembly, Quarterly Newsletter 2012-2014

*Doctor of Education (candidate), K-12 Teacher Leadership; Capella University *Master of Public Health, Social and Behavioral Sciences; Capella University *Master of Education, Curriculum and Instruction; Concordia University-Portland *Bachelor of Arts, Psychology and English; East Carolina University

Graduated with Distinction from Capella University AllExperts, Top Experts of 2014 (One and Multiple Categories)

*Over 180 clients, lasting 30 sessions, in 5 locations during Florida service. *Over 150 clients, lasting 18 sessions, in 2 locations during South Carolina service.