Sexually Transmitted Diseases/Symptoms of STDs ?

Question
penis glans
penis glans  

arms
arms  
I have received oral sex from a sex worker 10 days ago with condom. There is a small reddish flat rash on the top left hand side of my penis glans which i wasn't aware before this sexual encounter. A professional told me it is balanitis, but is it? If it did indeed have balanitis, does it mean there is a chance that i will get STIs like herpes or HPV etc.

Due to my sexual encounter with condom, what is the likelihood I will get STIs and what STIs will i get. I had no vaginal or anal sex.

I am having small unknown flat reddish rashes on my arms which comes and heal quickly. My anal feels itchy at times. Please advise.

Thanks

Answer
Anthonie,

Good for you for using protection because it could have ended up worse had you not used protection, but yes it is balanitis, which is the most common fungal infection resulting from sexual encounter or poor hygiene. Since you haven't treated it and its advanced to this stage, I would make an appointment with your primary care provider to see if he/she could prescribe you a topical ointment/pills to get rid of it as soon as possible. Balanitis has no relationship with STI's as fungal infections are a result of unsanitary conditions and not bacteria's, viruses, or parasites.

The condition of your arm and anus is likely irrelevant to this discussion and likely has more to do with weather conditions or some skin condition you're either not aware of or not telling me about. So if you have questions about that, then seek follow-up with your PCP or a dermatologist.

Cheers,

John

Sexually Transmitted Diseases

John Brice