Sexually Transmitted Diseases/Is this some type of genetel STD?

Hi. Two days ago these popped up on my labia and a little above. They don't hurt, no weird discharge, no puss, although three are white capped. What is this? I am sexually active but always use protection. The color of the bumps are confusing me since I am actually very pale but have been fake baking.

Hi Jess,

So the presence of genital bumps without a sexual cause could come from two sources: allergic reaction or trauma. So are you using a laundry detergent to wash your undergarments that your body doesn't agree with OR and this is much more likely-the fact that you shave is a HUGE problem. The act of shaving your genitals is pretty abnormal and it will cause a skin reaction similar to this; guys do it to and it causes a weird reaction like yours. Razors don't belong anywhere near skin this sensitive, which is why I recommend if people really care about the appearance of this "area" of their body, consider professional waxing instead. Sure it hurts more, but it causes NONE of the reactions that you see here and the person doing it knows what their doing! Bottom line: these should clear on their own once you stop doing what it is that causes them in the first place. However, if they remain I would consult with your OBGYN as inflammation could be a sign of infection and that has be dealt with medically. Lay off the razor :P

Sexually Transmitted Diseases

John Brice

Educated and certified in STI information, HIV and AIDS, and trained in comprehensive sex education for teens and young adults. Providing counseling in sexuality, sexual interests, and sexual orientations, pregnancy prevention, safer sex initiatives, and teaching health education seminars to adults ages 18-65 for the past 3 years. Serve underserved clients in homeless shelters, workplace readiness programs, and detention centers. Three term AmeriCorps domestic service volunteer and Peace Corps nominee for Health Service to Lesotho and Rwanda. Providing services to the GLBTQIA populations of which I am a member.

3 years as a volunteer Emergency Medical Technician (Advanced) for 3 years and comprehensive sex educator for 3 years and parenting educator for 3 years. *North Carolina State Certified Emergency Medical Technician, #P083512 *Certified Health Education Specialist, #22589

*American Public Health Association *National Commission on Health Education Credentialing

American Public Health Association, Student Assembly, Quarterly Newsletter 2012-2014

*Doctor of Education (candidate), K-12 Teacher Leadership; Capella University *Master of Public Health, Social and Behavioral Sciences; Capella University *Master of Education, Curriculum and Instruction; Concordia University-Portland *Bachelor of Arts, Psychology and English; East Carolina University

Graduated with Distinction from Capella University AllExperts, Top Experts of 2014 (One and Multiple Categories)

*Over 180 clients, lasting 30 sessions, in 5 locations during Florida service. *Over 150 clients, lasting 18 sessions, in 2 locations during South Carolina service.