Sexually Transmitted Diseases/Are these warts?


side view
side view  

side view
side view  
Dear John Brice,
since I was a teenager I had these abnormal little points around my glans. I feel like they are becoming more and more by time and I'm starting to wonder if these are sexually transmitable. I am 21 years old and haven't been to the doctor about this problem yet, I want to hear a second opinion before I decide what to do next. I wasn't sexually active at the time I got these and when my penis is fully erected, they are barely noticable.
I also wonder if there is a way to prevent a dry glanse? As you can see in the pictures my glanse is very dry when not errected.

Thank you for your service,

Hi Lars,

Everything looks perfectly normal in this picture, however those are called pearly penile papules and they exist along the corona and even sometimes the glans itself. A lot of guys have them, including myself, and they come in all forms of "intensity." Mine are milder than yours, but some guys have PPP that are much larger still. The important thing to note is that they are genetically inherited and NOT a sign of disease. At this time however, there is no "cure" for PPP, but don't fret! They can be removed by in-house procedure at a dermatology clinic, but its pretty expensive.

Personally, I don't think yours' look all that that bad at all and I think the glans itself looks quite "natural" in my opinion, but that's because I have them as well. As for the "dryness," we ALL have it in some form or another because our penis doesn't contain sebum (oil producing) cells that give the rest of our skin moisture. With that said you don't use lotion on this part of your body because its more conducive to germ growth (its more hindrance than help). However, you can use a water based lubricant during masturbation and sex to make it much more enjoyable! ^.^ Consider looking for brands like KY Jelly in drug stores or even on Amazon and find one more suited to your liking, but don't use oil based products ever!

Hope this helps!


Sexually Transmitted Diseases

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


John Brice


Educated and certified in STI information, HIV and AIDS, and trained in comprehensive sex education for teens and young adults. Providing counseling in sexuality, sexual interests, and sexual orientations, pregnancy prevention, safer sex initiatives, and teaching health education seminars to adults ages 18-65 for the past 3 years. Serve underserved clients in homeless shelters, workplace readiness programs, and detention centers. Three term AmeriCorps domestic service volunteer and Peace Corps nominee for Health Service to Lesotho and Rwanda. Providing services to the GLBTQIA populations of which I am a member.


3 years as a volunteer Emergency Medical Technician (Advanced) for 3 years and comprehensive sex educator for 3 years and parenting educator for 3 years. *North Carolina State Certified Emergency Medical Technician, #P083512 *Certified Health Education Specialist, #22589

*American Public Health Association *National Commission on Health Education Credentialing

American Public Health Association, Student Assembly, Quarterly Newsletter 2012-2014

*Doctor of Education (candidate), K-12 Teacher Leadership; Capella University *Master of Public Health, Social and Behavioral Sciences; Capella University *Master of Education, Curriculum and Instruction; Concordia University-Portland *Bachelor of Arts, Psychology and English; East Carolina University

Awards and Honors
Graduated with Distinction from Capella University AllExperts, Top Experts of 2014 (One and Multiple Categories)

Past/Present Clients
*Over 180 clients, lasting 30 sessions, in 5 locations during Florida service. *Over 150 clients, lasting 18 sessions, in 2 locations during South Carolina service.

©2017 All rights reserved.