Sexually Transmitted Diseases/Weird bumps on penis

Question
penis of proberts3322@hotmail. com
penis of proberts3322@  
I have these weird bumps on my penis. They're not painful or irritating, and sometimes they act like white heads. They are located mainly in the underside of my penis and are more numerous on one side, though the other has some as well. I had them before I was sexually active. However, in the past year or two they have been spreading up my penis, and I started being sexually active 3 years ago. None of my partners have mentioned any kind of STD, and a condom was worn each time. I'm wondering if I should get it looked at though because there are a lot and its spreading.

Answer
Hi Patrick,

They are sebaceous cysts and NO you shouldn't pop them because they will scar and then you'll be dealing with a whole nother set of problem :P Those are actually Fordyce's, which is an inherited dermatological condition, meaning you got it from your parents. TONS of people have it, myself included, and they can go away on their own and come back. My best advice to you is leave them alone. You have a moderate case, which means I would recommend that you visit a dermatologist for a consultation because they can remove them in-house, but its costly. Know that it isn't a disease and there is no cure and you can get them anywhere on your shaft, glans, pubic mound, and even around your mouth. If you have follow up let me know.

Cheers,

John

Sexually Transmitted Diseases

John Brice