Sexually Transmitted Diseases/What is this

I had sex with my ex boyfriend and the condom slipped off so we stopped. 2 days later I'm experiencing some irritation inside of my vagina. It doesn't burn when I pee but throughout my day I feel very irritated a light burning and a little green discharge. The discharge has a very light odor. I notice that around the opening of the vagina is where I feel the most discomfort. I took a picture and noticed so bumps. What is this!?

Hi Nena,

The greenish discharge alone is abnormal and indicates a bacterial infection, so I would see your doctor ASAP. As for the bumps, I don't see any abnormalities, but I would ask your OBGYN for a pap smear if you haven't had one in awhile. Women should have a pap smear every 3 years to check for cervical cancer and HPV. Try to make that appointment as soon as you can and try to abstain from sex until its dealt with.

Best wishes,

Sexually Transmitted Diseases

John Brice

Educated and certified in STI information, HIV and AIDS, and trained in comprehensive sex education for teens and young adults. Providing counseling in sexuality, sexual interests, and sexual orientations, pregnancy prevention, safer sex initiatives, and teaching health education seminars to adults ages 18-65 for the past 3 years. Serve underserved clients in homeless shelters, workplace readiness programs, and detention centers. Three term AmeriCorps domestic service volunteer and Peace Corps nominee for Health Service to Lesotho and Rwanda. Providing services to the GLBTQIA populations of which I am a member.

3 years as a volunteer Emergency Medical Technician (Advanced) for 3 years and comprehensive sex educator for 3 years and parenting educator for 3 years. *North Carolina State Certified Emergency Medical Technician, #P083512 *Certified Health Education Specialist, #22589

*American Public Health Association *National Commission on Health Education Credentialing

American Public Health Association, Student Assembly, Quarterly Newsletter 2012-2014

*Doctor of Education (candidate), K-12 Teacher Leadership; Capella University *Master of Public Health, Social and Behavioral Sciences; Capella University *Master of Education, Curriculum and Instruction; Concordia University-Portland *Bachelor of Arts, Psychology and English; East Carolina University

Graduated with Distinction from Capella University AllExperts, Top Experts of 2014 (One and Multiple Categories)

*Over 180 clients, lasting 30 sessions, in 5 locations during Florida service. *Over 150 clients, lasting 18 sessions, in 2 locations during South Carolina service.