Sexually Transmitted Diseases/bump on tip of penis

Hi doc,

I had protected sex with an escort 7 days ago. She also gave me unprotected oral. I will be going for my hiv and std tests after a few week. Right now I'm concerned about this bump on the tip of my penis. does it look like a STD infection? Can I get it tested right away ?

You're supposed to wait 3-4 weeks after unprotected (risky) activity to get a 99% accuracy testing. It wouldn't serve you well to get tested the same week as the activity because assuming you did get anything then the antibodies to whatever you theoretically came in contact with haven't even formed yet so you would get a false negative quite possibly. I would wait and as for the "bump," since you had unprotected oral, its very likely the bump is merely an abrasion from the oral sex. It will heal on its own within a few days, but you should expect abrasions during unprotected vaginal, anal, or oral intercourse without any form of lubrication because of the friction forces on the penis itself.

Sexually Transmitted Diseases

John Brice

Educated and certified in STI information, HIV and AIDS, and trained in comprehensive sex education for teens and young adults. Providing counseling in sexuality, sexual interests, and sexual orientations, pregnancy prevention, safer sex initiatives, and teaching health education seminars to adults ages 18-65 for the past 3 years. Serve underserved clients in homeless shelters, workplace readiness programs, and detention centers. Three term AmeriCorps domestic service volunteer and Peace Corps nominee for Health Service to Lesotho and Rwanda. Providing services to the GLBTQIA populations of which I am a member.

3 years as a volunteer Emergency Medical Technician (Advanced) for 3 years and comprehensive sex educator for 3 years and parenting educator for 3 years. *North Carolina State Certified Emergency Medical Technician, #P083512 *Certified Health Education Specialist, #22589

*American Public Health Association *National Commission on Health Education Credentialing

American Public Health Association, Student Assembly, Quarterly Newsletter 2012-2014

*Doctor of Education (candidate), K-12 Teacher Leadership; Capella University *Master of Public Health, Social and Behavioral Sciences; Capella University *Master of Education, Curriculum and Instruction; Concordia University-Portland *Bachelor of Arts, Psychology and English; East Carolina University

Graduated with Distinction from Capella University AllExperts, Top Experts of 2014 (One and Multiple Categories)

*Over 180 clients, lasting 30 sessions, in 5 locations during Florida service. *Over 150 clients, lasting 18 sessions, in 2 locations during South Carolina service.