Sexually Transmitted Diseases/Bumps

Question
Bummps
Bummps  
Ive had these small bumps on my penis for aroun two years. When the bumps appeared, i was still a virgin. Since then, ive had sex, but it did not cgange these bumps. They are painless.

Answer
Hi Jon,

I tell my clients NOT to pop anything resembling a pimple on their groin area as this can cause scarring and infection. That's merely a sebaceous cyst and not a cause for alarm, nearly every man I've had a request from on this website about a "bump" has had one just like yours (including myself) and I just leave it alone. There's a condition known as Fordyce's, which is neither a disease nor is it harmful, that a lot of guys and girls have. You can develop superficial bumps around your groin, shaft, and even on the glans itself and even on your mouth. This has a genetic component, which means you inherited it from your parents. The bumps can go away on their own, but they can also come back time and time again. It's something we grow out of and at the age of 32 I don't have them near as bad when I was 22. Hope this alleviates your stress :P

Best wishes,

John

Sexually Transmitted Diseases

John Brice