Sexually Transmitted Diseases/burn on penis

Question
QUESTION: My name is josh I'm 17 and I need some help ASAP. I had unprotected sex the other day and afterwards I realized that the head of my penis was burning. It looked like a rug burn on the head of my penis. There are no problems when I urinate, I hope its not an STD. Plz help me ASAP.

ANSWER: Josh,

By neither using a lubricated condom nor using lubricant at all, you have sustained a surface abrasion. That's basically you scraping off the surface of your penis whenever you have sex, so you're suffering the after effects of it now. It should take several days to heal, but by dabbing some hydrocortisone on the wound a couple times a day it should clear up faster. Note that this will occur every time you have intercourse and it can occur even when you masturbate, so I would invest in a quality water or silicone lubricant NOT oil based product. Please also consider using a barrier method to lower your chances of STI transmission and unwanted pregnancy.

Best wishes,

John

QUESTION: It looks like it is healing but is it OK to use neosporin also on the wound.

Answer
Josh,

Neosporin is a crappy product to use on your penis because it "cakes" up the wound and doesn't allow it to breathe. Since your penis lies in a the dark abyss that is your nether regions, Neosporin is to think and therefore could actually encourage the growth of bacteria and inhibit healing time. Hydrocortisone, by its design, is quick absorbing and a thinner substance. You're better off using nothing at all my friend.

Cheers,

John

Sexually Transmitted Diseases

John Brice