Sexually Transmitted Diseases/Concerns about bumps I've had for a while

Question
Hi there, I'm 16 years old and ever since i can remember I've had these weird bumps on the inside part of my labia. They do not hurt, they don't itch or burn, they don't really bother me other than the fact that they look really scary. I have never had sex, nor have I ever engaged in any sexual activity, yet I'm still worried about having genital warts or something like that. They are small flesh like bumps and they are in clusters all on the inside of my labia and near the vaginal opening. There are sometimes when they aren't as noticeable and others when they are. If i pull at the skin a little bit, it looks like the bumps are right under the skin rather than on top, i have noticed that they do have some sort of discharge, but it is not yellow or green. It's just white. Kind of like a pimple, but they do not pop, they just kinda rub off or something. I've never actually seen the discharge come out but i can see little white heads on the bumps and then a white kind of powdery texture to the discharge. I honestly have no idea what this could be or is and i've searched around and still haven't been able to figure it out. If you have any idea what this is your help would be appreciated, thanks again.

Answer
Hi Lauren,

Until proven otherwise through a pap smear, which you should have performed every three years by your OBGYN specialist, those are genital papilla which are completely normal and a part of your natural anatomy. You should grow accustomed to seeing them just like every other woman and I would behoove you to learn what your anatomy looks like so you know what "normal" looks like. Every woman should have a form of discharge as a form of whitish (slightly opaque), odorless lubrication. However, it becomes abnormal when it has an odor, color, or thick texture. Know these signs as a means of "red flagging" yourself. If you ever have questions, don't hesitate to ask me or your primary care provider as well.

Best wishes,

John

Sexually Transmitted Diseases

John Brice