Sexually Transmitted Diseases/is it normal or not


picture 1
picture 1  
picture 2
picture 2  
QUESTION: Halo John, my name is Josh, 34 years old. i want to ask several question regarding my penis. in picture 1,there is bump on my meatus, is it normal?

and in picture 2, what is that, i am very afraid that is std, like hpv or sifilis, or is it normal like that? can it getting bigger? i have unprotected sex several times, but its a long time ago.

thank you very much.

ANSWER: Joshia,

I tell my clients NOT to pop anything resembling a pimple on their groin area as this can cause scarring and infection. That's merely a sebaceous cyst and not a cause for alarm, nearly every man I've had a request from on this website about a "bump" has had one just like yours (including myself) and I just leave it alone. There's a condition known as Fordyce's, which is neither a disease nor is it harmful, that a lot of guys and girls have. You can develop superficial bumps around your groin, testicles (likes in your case), shaft, and even on the glans itself and even on your mouth. This has a genetic component, which means you inherited it from your parents. The bumps can go away on their own, but they can also come back time and time again. It's something we grow out of and at the age of 32 I don't have them near as bad when I was 22. Hope this alleviates your stress and your meatus looks quite normal to me.

Best wishes,


---------- FOLLOW-UP ----------

QUESTION: I'am sorry John, i forgot to inform the location of that white bumps or cyst. the location is under the peehole (not on the testicles), i stretch my skin, so i can reveal the bump. maybe i attach another picture from different angle. is it still a fordyce spot and can it getting bigger from now on? how i can remove it, can it be removed? coz i don't want to scared my girlfriend i got this thing. i already 34 and i started getting this, wew :)

thank you very much


Its still Fordyce's and yes even in our 30's we can get them just not as bad. As we get older we get them less and less. Typically they do not get any larger than that, but if you want it removed I would recommend having a physician do it to lessen the chance of scarring.



Sexually Transmitted Diseases

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


John Brice


Educated and certified in STI information, HIV and AIDS, and trained in comprehensive sex education for teens and young adults. Providing counseling in sexuality, sexual interests, and sexual orientations, pregnancy prevention, safer sex initiatives, and teaching health education seminars to adults ages 18-65 for the past 3 years. Serve underserved clients in homeless shelters, workplace readiness programs, and detention centers. Three term AmeriCorps domestic service volunteer and Peace Corps nominee for Health Service to Lesotho and Rwanda. Providing services to the GLBTQIA populations of which I am a member.


3 years as a volunteer Emergency Medical Technician (Advanced) for 3 years and comprehensive sex educator for 3 years and parenting educator for 3 years. *North Carolina State Certified Emergency Medical Technician, #P083512 *Certified Health Education Specialist, #22589

*American Public Health Association *National Commission on Health Education Credentialing

American Public Health Association, Student Assembly, Quarterly Newsletter 2012-2014

*Doctor of Education (candidate), K-12 Teacher Leadership; Capella University *Master of Public Health, Social and Behavioral Sciences; Capella University *Master of Education, Curriculum and Instruction; Concordia University-Portland *Bachelor of Arts, Psychology and English; East Carolina University

Awards and Honors
Graduated with Distinction from Capella University AllExperts, Top Experts of 2014 (One and Multiple Categories)

Past/Present Clients
*Over 180 clients, lasting 30 sessions, in 5 locations during Florida service. *Over 150 clients, lasting 18 sessions, in 2 locations during South Carolina service.

©2017 All rights reserved.