Sexually Transmitted Diseases/Possible HSV-2 Infection? Primary Outbreak?

Image 1
Image 1  

Image 2
Image 2  
Hello Mr. Brice,

I'm a healthy 26 year old, sexually active caucasian male. I haven't had a cold in years and every check up/physical have come back with a clean bill of health.

I last had sexual intercourse with a woman on August 9, 2014. She was my 4th partner. The last time I had unprotected sex would have been May of 2013. As of this evening I noticed a couple bumps in my groin region after doing some manscaping in the shower. I've experienced ingrown hairs before and whether I like it or not, I typically pick them off/pop it, wash up and never hear from them again. Hence, my first instinct was to pick at this one. It reacted similarly to an ingrown hair, but then I found a few more bumps and truthfully, I panicked. I've never even had a cold sore (I understand HSV-1 can lie dormant my entire life).

I'm scheduling an appointment for Monday to have a blood test, but I'm absolutely panicking thinking this may be a primary outbreak of HSV-2. The next 3 days are going to be brutal for my overactive mind and getting an opinion in the meantime may help.

You'll find an album at the following link containing pictures of what I'm experiencing. The red one is the one I picked at before I realized "Hey, this might be something else." I'm not experiencing any pain urinating, no tingling, no itching, and no other breakouts. I understand as well that these may very early onset and the other symptoms may come later. Upon further inspection it may be just about one of a few STIs and this is just me self-diagnosing.

Thank you for your advice and guidance.

Lucky for you this is a classic sign of panic disorder because those are ingrown hairs my friend. I don't know if you're aware of this, but HSV-2 (although approximately 35% of sexually active adults have it) isn't as easy to get as you might think. Ingrown hairs, however, are brilliantly easy to get, especially because I notice that you appear to be shaving your groin? If this is true, then as Robin Williams (as Genie) used to say: "You've been a BAAAHHHD boy!" Shaving your groin is a NONO. And you will get ingrown hairs every single time, plus you get ingrown hairs down there just for the hell of it because its a nasty, dark, sweaty place anyway. I'm happy that you would want to be proactive and get tested, but if my theories are correct, get back to me and tell me so I can give you a mean face :P

Sexually Transmitted Diseases

John Brice

Educated and certified in STI information, HIV and AIDS, and trained in comprehensive sex education for teens and young adults. Providing counseling in sexuality, sexual interests, and sexual orientations, pregnancy prevention, safer sex initiatives, and teaching health education seminars to adults ages 18-65 for the past 3 years. Serve underserved clients in homeless shelters, workplace readiness programs, and detention centers. Three term AmeriCorps domestic service volunteer and Peace Corps nominee for Health Service to Lesotho and Rwanda. Providing services to the GLBTQIA populations of which I am a member.

3 years as a volunteer Emergency Medical Technician (Advanced) for 3 years and comprehensive sex educator for 3 years and parenting educator for 3 years. *North Carolina State Certified Emergency Medical Technician, #P083512 *Certified Health Education Specialist, #22589

*American Public Health Association *National Commission on Health Education Credentialing

American Public Health Association, Student Assembly, Quarterly Newsletter 2012-2014

*Doctor of Education (candidate), K-12 Teacher Leadership; Capella University *Master of Public Health, Social and Behavioral Sciences; Capella University *Master of Education, Curriculum and Instruction; Concordia University-Portland *Bachelor of Arts, Psychology and English; East Carolina University

Graduated with Distinction from Capella University AllExperts, Top Experts of 2014 (One and Multiple Categories)

*Over 180 clients, lasting 30 sessions, in 5 locations during Florida service. *Over 150 clients, lasting 18 sessions, in 2 locations during South Carolina service.