Sexually Transmitted Diseases/Potential Herpes?

Question
Hello all,

I'm currently in a committed relationship for the last 6 months and have had un protected sex. I have had previous STD tests last year and prior to this and all came back clear. In the last 24 hours I've noticed this unusual rash appear on my penis, on the head and the foreskin that sits over it. It is red, with what looks to be tiny pimples as part of it. It developed about 24 hours ago with no warning sign, no itching, no pain. I would describe it as slightly tender to touch, maybe a very very mild burning but nothing that would be noticeable without thinking about it but barely any pain at all. I've had skin irritation on my penis before and the tenderness felt the same as this does. I'm trying to determine whether it looks like or could be herpes or whether it is some kind of fungal infection. I know the Clinic will give me a definite answer but in the mean time i'm looking for some advice until i can get there. I'm going to go for a test on Thursday but in the mean time wanted some opinions of what it could be.

Thank you! :)

http://i1290.photobucket.com/albums/b530/pianoman541/IMG_7820_zps68bd3405.jpg

http://i1290.photobucket.com/albums/b530/pianoman541/IMG_7829_zps8ce933bb.jpg

http://i1290.photobucket.com/albums/b530/pianoman541/IMG_7825_zps7380ebe3.jpg

Answer
Hello Timothy,
The rash does not appear to have any blisters, which means it probably is NOT herpes.  Uncirc'd men tend to get red rashes such as what you have, that may be accompanied by mild irritation, itching, burning externally. The common cause of such a rash is a skin fungus similar to the same thing that causes athlete's foot.  Try using a topical antifungal cream, such as terbinefine (Lamisil), tolnaftate (Tinactin), miconazole (Micatin). Do NOT use soap when bathing, as this can be irritating to the skin.

Hope this helps!
--mark  

Sexually Transmitted Diseases

Mark P. Behar