Sexually Transmitted Diseases/pulling out before ejaculation

Question
I would like to know: IF a man pulls out before having an orgasm, how likely is it that an infection and/or STD will be transmitted? I know that he can still transmit some pre-cum possibly, but what if no sperm are transmitted? What is the likelihood that an STD and/or infection will be transmitted?  Just how risky is pulling out? (in terms of STD's) Thank you.

Answer
Holly,

Sperm do NOT contain any traces of STI's themselves but the fluid does, and pre-cum is notorious for actually being worse than full on ejaculatory fluid because of its viral loads. HIV specifically is found in blood, seminal fluid, breast milk, and vaginal secretions; not the gametes themselves. The pullout method has about a 10% effectiveness potential for preventing pregnancy just like it can prevent STI's; it's luck basically. So it's about trusting your partner. If you believe your partner may have infected with you something then get tested through your primary care provider or local clinic.

Cheers,

John

Sexually Transmitted Diseases

John Brice