Sexually Transmitted Diseases/Red spot on tip of penis

Question
Red spot
Red spot  
Hello, I just noticed this spot on the tip of my penis. I had just finished having sex with my wife and went to pee and noticed it. It does not itch nor do I see any discharge. It does not really hurt at all but very scary. I applied some vitamin e to it. Thank you for your time in answering my question.

Answer
Hello Phil,

Nothing to worry about. Pimples, folliculitis, scratches, red spots, and other blemishes occur on the skin throughout the body, including on the skin of the penis and vulva. Not sure why you would be scared by such an occurrence, nor why you would apply vitamin E anytime for any reason since it has no benefit.

The skin is red because it reflects underlying dilated blood vessels very close to the surface of the skin, probably from friction during sex. Vitamin won't hurt or help. It will go away by itself in a week or so.

Good luck!
--mark  

Sexually Transmitted Diseases

Mark P. Behar