Sexually Transmitted Diseases/Red Spots on Penis

Question
Red Spots on Penis
Red Spots on Penis  

I'm 26 from UK and have (in the last couple of days) noticed some red spots on the head of my penis. They are small, not sore or itchy and look a little like acne. The only sexual contact I have had in the last few years is oral sex, the last time was around a month ago. Would you be able to help me identify if this could be harmful?

Thanks

Answer
Steve,

They appear to be just plain pimples, which are more than normal and expected on your glans. They're also known as Fordyce's spots and occur in most sexually developing men. Note that this isn't a disease and is actually considered to be genetic. While it may be unsightly, they do eventually heal themselves, but it does take time. Just don't try to pop them yourself because of the risk of infection and you don't need that in your nether region because of the nature of bacterial and fungal growth. If you have follow-up questions let me know, but its best just to let this sort itself out.

Cheers,

John

Sexually Transmitted Diseases

John Brice