Sexually Transmitted Diseases/small bumps on penis

I am a young gay sexually active male with multiple parners and about six months ago i noticed  small bumps on the rim of the tip of my penis. The bumps look like tiny red bumps but are painless. There are many of them close together. I was wondering if these bumps were normal or if it is an std symptom or something else. thanks, Tommy ps sorry it was hard to take a picture

Hi Tommy,

Those are known as penile pearly papules or PPP and are harmless and very normal. I have them myself and I've had legions of men with the same problem on this website ask about it, including Fordyce's spots, which are considered genetically inherited and not a disease. You appear to have a very light case, but if these should ever begin to bother you then consider having them checked by a dermatologist. The glans and shaft appear healthy and quite normal, so rest easy :)

Cheers mate,

Sexually Transmitted Diseases

John Brice

Educated and certified in STI information, HIV and AIDS, and trained in comprehensive sex education for teens and young adults. Providing counseling in sexuality, sexual interests, and sexual orientations, pregnancy prevention, safer sex initiatives, and teaching health education seminars to adults ages 18-65 for the past 3 years. Serve underserved clients in homeless shelters, workplace readiness programs, and detention centers. Three term AmeriCorps domestic service volunteer and Peace Corps nominee for Health Service to Lesotho and Rwanda. Providing services to the GLBTQIA populations of which I am a member.

3 years as a volunteer Emergency Medical Technician (Advanced) for 3 years and comprehensive sex educator for 3 years and parenting educator for 3 years. *North Carolina State Certified Emergency Medical Technician, #P083512 *Certified Health Education Specialist, #22589

*American Public Health Association *National Commission on Health Education Credentialing

American Public Health Association, Student Assembly, Quarterly Newsletter 2012-2014

*Doctor of Education (candidate), K-12 Teacher Leadership; Capella University *Master of Public Health, Social and Behavioral Sciences; Capella University *Master of Education, Curriculum and Instruction; Concordia University-Portland *Bachelor of Arts, Psychology and English; East Carolina University

Graduated with Distinction from Capella University AllExperts, Top Experts of 2014 (One and Multiple Categories)

*Over 180 clients, lasting 30 sessions, in 5 locations during Florida service. *Over 150 clients, lasting 18 sessions, in 2 locations during South Carolina service.