Sexually Transmitted Diseases/2nd opinion


folliculitis or herpes?
folliculitis or herpes  
Okay so i have a lot going on and to me it seems to be to much of a coincidence. Okay so i have a terrible pain during urination and some clear discharge.I went to the E.R. on tuesday they diagnosed me with ghonorrea and chlamydia.They gave me cipro but i already take cipro. The pain in my urine is going away a little but i still have discharge they it should stop after to 2 -3 day but wait 7-10. But i got this open sore on Wednesday my pubic area was itching and kind of tingling. The sore busted and a clear fluid came out i went to a clinic friday she said she cant test because i was being treated with antibiotics.But she looked at it and was confident this was not herpes she said it looks like folliculitis. She also said that i am obsessing but i think this is herpes i mean i saw that herpes can cause pain during urination.Do you think the doctor was accurate is this just folliculitis? Also a new bump popped up today its to small to see but its in my pubic region as well and it has that burning itchy feel to. But i do shave my pubic area and i wear tight draws and work in a very dirty sweaty environment. So i just want a second opinion does this look like folliculitis?


First off, folliculitis is a chronic condition that occurs over large sections of the body not just "one" little bump, so no it isn't that. Since your picture is A) to blurry and B) to bright, I'm going to take a very educated guess and assume it isn't herpes because you would have a "crusting" ulcer that had a slight discharge then heals over time (like several weeks). Herpes doesn't normally cause urinary tract pain because ulcers generally grow outside the body not on the inside of the urethra. Since you shave, which is a HUGE no no, I'm going to almost certainly assume that its an ingrown hair that's infected and is healing. You should never shave your nether regions with a razor. If you want to manscape, use an electric razor with a guard, or get a Brazilian wax by a professional who knows what they're doing. Hope everything works out for you.



Sexually Transmitted Diseases

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


John Brice


Educated and certified in STI information, HIV and AIDS, and trained in comprehensive sex education for teens and young adults. Providing counseling in sexuality, sexual interests, and sexual orientations, pregnancy prevention, safer sex initiatives, and teaching health education seminars to adults ages 18-65 for the past 3 years. Serve underserved clients in homeless shelters, workplace readiness programs, and detention centers. Three term AmeriCorps domestic service volunteer and Peace Corps nominee for Health Service to Lesotho and Rwanda. Providing services to the GLBTQIA populations of which I am a member.


3 years as a volunteer Emergency Medical Technician (Advanced) for 3 years and comprehensive sex educator for 3 years and parenting educator for 3 years. *North Carolina State Certified Emergency Medical Technician, #P083512 *Certified Health Education Specialist, #22589

*American Public Health Association *National Commission on Health Education Credentialing

American Public Health Association, Student Assembly, Quarterly Newsletter 2012-2014

*Doctor of Education (candidate), K-12 Teacher Leadership; Capella University *Master of Public Health, Social and Behavioral Sciences; Capella University *Master of Education, Curriculum and Instruction; Concordia University-Portland *Bachelor of Arts, Psychology and English; East Carolina University

Awards and Honors
Graduated with Distinction from Capella University AllExperts, Top Experts of 2014 (One and Multiple Categories)

Past/Present Clients
*Over 180 clients, lasting 30 sessions, in 5 locations during Florida service. *Over 150 clients, lasting 18 sessions, in 2 locations during South Carolina service.

©2017 All rights reserved.