Sexually Transmitted Diseases/Bumps?

labia 1
labia 1  

labia 2
labia 2  
I got a Brazilian wax about a week ago and I always end up a bit irritated, but there are two bumps: pink, painless, smooth and very small, that popped up on my labia majora (between my fingers in the photos - sorry the photo res is so bad). I figure they probably happened because of the waxing, given that they are both in the vicinity that the wax was applied to. But they've been around for about a week, so I'm getting a little paranoid as to what they actually are (fearing they could be warts). Seeing a gyno in a few days, most likely.

Are they just infected/irritated follicles? Or something more serious? Hoping to get some piece of mind.

If they were genital warts, they would be a lot bigger than that and would have an irregular, fleshy appearance to them. Not the glossy, shiny, pimple appearance that would suggest you could squeeze the sucker and be done with it! However, DONT do that because squeeze groin-related inflamed hair follicles and acne is a terrible idea in terms of bacterial growth and the chance to spread to other areas. At least in this scenario its contained, which is perfectly fine. They will rupture and heal on their own, so you just have to keep the area clean and dry and they will be perfectly fine. Normally, Brazilian waxes are completely foolproof and safe, but from time to time you can have a sensitive skin reaction. That's nothing to be to concerned about. Let me know if you need follow-up.

Sexually Transmitted Diseases

John Brice

Educated and certified in STI information, HIV and AIDS, and trained in comprehensive sex education for teens and young adults. Providing counseling in sexuality, sexual interests, and sexual orientations, pregnancy prevention, safer sex initiatives, and teaching health education seminars to adults ages 18-65 for the past 3 years. Serve underserved clients in homeless shelters, workplace readiness programs, and detention centers. Three term AmeriCorps domestic service volunteer and Peace Corps nominee for Health Service to Lesotho and Rwanda. Providing services to the GLBTQIA populations of which I am a member.

3 years as a volunteer Emergency Medical Technician (Advanced) for 3 years and comprehensive sex educator for 3 years and parenting educator for 3 years. *North Carolina State Certified Emergency Medical Technician, #P083512 *Certified Health Education Specialist, #22589

*American Public Health Association *National Commission on Health Education Credentialing

American Public Health Association, Student Assembly, Quarterly Newsletter 2012-2014

*Doctor of Education (candidate), K-12 Teacher Leadership; Capella University *Master of Public Health, Social and Behavioral Sciences; Capella University *Master of Education, Curriculum and Instruction; Concordia University-Portland *Bachelor of Arts, Psychology and English; East Carolina University

Graduated with Distinction from Capella University AllExperts, Top Experts of 2014 (One and Multiple Categories)

*Over 180 clients, lasting 30 sessions, in 5 locations during Florida service. *Over 150 clients, lasting 18 sessions, in 2 locations during South Carolina service.