Sexually Transmitted Diseases/fear of std/hiv

the condition of my penis
the condition of my pe  
QUESTION: Dear doctor, on 3 August 2014 (around 5 weeks ago) i received several minutes of unprotected oral sex and several attempt of protected vaginal sex (but just stuck at the entrance as heavy alcohol intake made me cant erect). I was very worried and got the girl for test, negative for Ag/Ab hiv test, but positive for both herpes strain. All the way, i did not faced any obvious symptoms just slightly fatigue, cold feet and weakness in legs. I had tested for hiv combo test on day 19 and day 30 which got back negative as well. Around few days ago(on 5th week), my hands started to pop up several separate tiny red bumps (just like bed bug bites) and several very very tiny spots on the glans of penis. Consulted a physician, he doubt to be some sort of allergic or dermatitis and prescribed me with those anti inflammatory medication. Today i had some very very mild sore throat, dont know whether its due to heavy alcohol intake yesterday night.

According to your expertise, was my rash case is HIV related or herpes related or just merely some dermatitis? And the 4th generation ELISA combo test on 28 days post exposure indicative or conclusive enough for oral sex?

Hope to get back from you asap, was nervous.

ANSWER: Keith,

Once again, I'm not a doctor, but HIV symptomology typically doesn't involve rashes. The bumps on your penis look more like Fordyce's spots, which is an inherited, non-pathological condition experienced the world over by men and women and is not remarkable in the slightest. Your penis seems pretty healthy to me and as for your "rash," I have no clue what could have caused all those "weird" symptoms, but they sound completely non-related to sex to me. Your test results seem like great news to me :)

Best wishes,

Thanks alot for your replies. By the way, my penis used to have a tear/ cut on the "string" which attached the glans and skin. Sorry, I dont know what it calls but I think you might knew what i mean. Went to hospital and they said its just a small niche no worries. The injury is on last year approximately October and would it pose a risk for hiv transmission or by this time (over 11 months) the injury had recovered intact?

By the way, just wanna ask unprotected oral sex received and went for hiv combo test at 30 days post exposure, is it conclusive?

Millions of appreciation

That part is called the frenum and can become traumatized due to overextension during intercourse and theoretically (if exposed during intercourse because you're having unprotected sex) then yes it could be a pathway for the HIV virus. However, weren't your results negative? You waited over 4 weeks to get the test right? That means your results are over 97% accurate, which is pretty conclusive to me.

Sexually Transmitted Diseases

John Brice

Educated and certified in STI information, HIV and AIDS, and trained in comprehensive sex education for teens and young adults. Providing counseling in sexuality, sexual interests, and sexual orientations, pregnancy prevention, safer sex initiatives, and teaching health education seminars to adults ages 18-65 for the past 3 years. Serve underserved clients in homeless shelters, workplace readiness programs, and detention centers. Three term AmeriCorps domestic service volunteer and Peace Corps nominee for Health Service to Lesotho and Rwanda. Providing services to the GLBTQIA populations of which I am a member.

3 years as a volunteer Emergency Medical Technician (Advanced) for 3 years and comprehensive sex educator for 3 years and parenting educator for 3 years. *North Carolina State Certified Emergency Medical Technician, #P083512 *Certified Health Education Specialist, #22589

*American Public Health Association *National Commission on Health Education Credentialing

American Public Health Association, Student Assembly, Quarterly Newsletter 2012-2014

*Doctor of Education (candidate), K-12 Teacher Leadership; Capella University *Master of Public Health, Social and Behavioral Sciences; Capella University *Master of Education, Curriculum and Instruction; Concordia University-Portland *Bachelor of Arts, Psychology and English; East Carolina University

Graduated with Distinction from Capella University AllExperts, Top Experts of 2014 (One and Multiple Categories)

*Over 180 clients, lasting 30 sessions, in 5 locations during Florida service. *Over 150 clients, lasting 18 sessions, in 2 locations during South Carolina service.