Sexually Transmitted Diseases/Foreskin Sore

Question
Pic 1
Pic 1  

Pic 2
Pic 2  
Hello Mark,

First of all, thank you for your time regarding my concern.

Well, my concern is that I recieved oral sex from a girl less than a week ago. After the act, I washed myself and my genitals in the shower (I only use water for inside of the foreskin most of the time. I sometimes wash it with soap. I try not to put too much chemical products in there.)

The day later, everything was fine, I had no signs of any sores or bad stuff. I masturbated later that day with no lube. (I never really needed it for that)

Then, the day after, (2 days after the act) When I was about to masturbate again, I noticed 2 small sores that reminds me of tiny ulcers inside my foreskin. (See attached pictures)

They become a bit wet when it is "closed" under the foreskin. They are sensitive when I touch them but they do not hurt at all. They are occsionnally itching for a few seconds then stops. I can even wash them in the shower with water without any pain. I do not have any other symptoms. I don't have any pain or burn sensations in the genital area.

Because of this, I somewhat went into Panic mode because I was sure to have contracted something. I searched online various STDs and Infections of what I could have and I am worried that I may a Herpes symptom.

I usually tend not to worry about these things. I had couple tiny sores from masturbating here and there but I think that they were mostly caused by the lack of lube as I tend to be intense at times when helping myself.

But I am really worried about this one. If it is bad then I think I should manage to know ASAP.  I am 23 from Canada. If any lights can be opened on this, I would really appreciate it.

Once again, thank you for your time.

Alex

Answer
Hello Alex,
The only sore that usually occurs in such a time frame related to when you last had sex may in fact be herpes simplex, type 1 or 2, friction from rubbing too hard without lubricant, or possibly a skin infection from a  fungal infection such as yeast (this last choice is least likely). Syphilis, another STD is something to consider, but usually has an indurated, painless sore. If your partner had a fever blister or cold sore on the mouth a few days before or a few days after your sexual episode, than that is most likely.  A DNA based herpes test (swab of lesion, not blood test) would tell you as long as the sore is still there. Acyclovir or valacyclovir are the two commonly used pill medications that will help get rid of the lesion more quickly, but it will go away by itself.  

Hope this helps. Good luck!
--mark  

Sexually Transmitted Diseases

Mark P. Behar