Sexually Transmitted Diseases/help

QUESTION: hi doc i have a question ? i had sex with a girl before 2 months the condom broke at the end maybe i was inaide for 15 20 sec. after 2 day i got like burning in my penis head and my balls were itchy. i was going crazy and crayed and everthing. after 6 day i went to my doctor and she looked at my penis and told me everthing was ok when she told me that the burning stoped( it was comming and going for the 6 days ) . She gave me pills for gn, ch and valtrex 1000mg 3 tablets every day for 7 days .... after using the antibiotics the 4 day i had a weird taste but i continued using them. After seven days of using antibiotics the second day day 16 i got poking on my left side where my stomach is and ny rib cage was lik hurding.I got heart pain kidney pain like my body was itchy( like something bites me and stopet) i was looking and finde out i got candida white tongue. i meet woth the girl and she showed me the test she was tested on july 2 and the results camr july 9 and we had sex july 10. she was negative for hiv syphillis and gon and chl. Now after two months i got pain in my left leg under the knie it feela like i have no energy and sometimes it goes to the right leg to, got joint pain in legs arms.... is this anxiethy ? because i was not sleeping for this two months bothing was on diet for candida crayed was goind crazy... and btw she showed me the voice mail from the doctor to... what to do ???

ANSWER: Hello Mark,
Your penis looks fine. Your doctor treated you for symptoms of an infection, but without any evidence of your actually having anything.  Your received "pills" for gonorrhea? The recommended treatment are not pills, but ceftriaxone (Rocephin), which is an injection.  Pills for chlamydia was probably azithromycin, which was fine.  Valtrex is for herpes, which of course you did not have.  Wasted treatments! The pain you were experiencing was probably due to constipation and gas, which sometimes happens when you are both nervous/anxious, and with antibiotics, which may kill the good intestinal germs as well as the bad (which you didn't have). The pain in you legs is unrelated, and you may or may not have developed a candidal (yeast, a type of fungus) infection of your mouth (thrush).

What to do?  Nothing! De-stress. Stop worry about something you don't have. You may need counseling to deal with all your anxiety.

Good luck!

dark spots
dark spots  

marked spots
marked spots  
QUESTION: thx so much sir for your answer !!!! if i can follow up ?

what is the posibility to get hepatitis B from this exposure ? i called the girl 100 times and she always tells me she has nothing.... Am really going crazy and am married i don't want that my wife has anything

and i don't know if you saw like the flek on the penis head but this is a bee picture and am using lotrimin and it helps really to clean the penis head ...

Hello Again, Mark,
If you were born past the 1980s, there is a very high likelihood that you received vaccination against hepatitis B as part of the usual vaccination programs required in almost every state. Even so, hepatitis does not show up as a rash on the penis. It is a systemic infection that may cause a flu-like syndrome upon first exposure. In most people it is self limited, meaning after an acute phase of malaise, fatigue, sometimes jaundice, etc., it resolves by itself.  Without vaccination, most people will develop subclinical hepatitis, without any signs or symptoms at all.

You are now experiencing anxiety, and THAT is what should be addressed, as your sexual contact was outside of your primary relationship with your wife and the guilt or regret you are feeling may need to be addressed by a counselor.

Good luck!

Sexually Transmitted Diseases

Mark P. Behar

Almost any question or concern about gay men's health issues, sexually transmitted infections, abnormal Pap smears, anal cytology (anal "Pap smears"), etc. There is no such thing as “d/d free” or “clean” (free of infection), so why do so many of us deceive ourselves into thinking that some people are indeed totally free from a potentially infectious disease, like HIV, herpes, hepatitis, syphilis, chlamydia, warts, gonorrhea, etc., just because they say so? Clinical laboratory tests are not perfect, and having a “negative” or “nonreactive” test does not mean that a person is free from infection. Perhaps at the moment the test was taken, the person was uninfected; or, perhaps, the test wasn’t sensitive enough to detect presence of the infection. There is really no way that anyone can determine that they are truly “disease free,” and there are over a hundred of infectious conditions that can be spread without your knowing anything. Rather than trying to “pre-screen” or “serosort” a potential sex-mate with deceptive questions that are impossible to know by today’s technologies, a wiser option may be to consider everyone infected with something, and either use appropriate protective measures (“safer sex”), or accept the responsibility and consequences of possibly “catching” something from someone who’s hotter than expected (pun intended!). There is much research that supports the contention that an HIV positive person reliably taking HIV medications, and having an undetectable viral load, presents a lower risk for transmission of HIV than people who may think or say they are HIV negative, but are not. Food for thought!

Family Practice PA since 1981; Volunteer Clinician for Brady East STD (BESTD) Clinic, Milwaukee, since 1977; answered STD questions submitted to their web site. Professionally lectured at national and regional Physician Assistant and Nurse Practitioner conferences, and at national gay & lesbian health conferences on topics including HIV/AIDS, herpes, hepatitis, STDs, human papilloma virus (the cause of venereal warts), abnormal Pap smears, gay and lesbian health issues, among others.

Co-Founder, Lesbian, Bisexual, & Gay Physician Assistant Caucus of the American Academy of Physician Assistants, Inc.; American Academy of Physician Assistants; Wisconsin Academy of Physician Assistants; National Co-Chair (2012-16), National Association of Black and White Men Together: A Gay, Multiracial Organization for All People (NABWMT)

Journal of the American Academy of Physician Assistants (JAPA) Q Visions, Quarterly Newsletter of the NABWMT

Bachelor's of Arts, 1972 (University of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, WI) Graduate Credits Experimental Psychology, 1972-75 (Tulane University, New Orleans, LA) Physician Assistant, Bachelor's of Science, 1981 (George Washington University, Washington, DC); Masters in Physician Assistant Studies, 2000 (University of Nebraska Medical Center, Omaha, NE)

Colposcopy Recognition Award (CRA), the American Association of Colposcopy and Cervical Pathology; Distinguished Fellow, Clinical Preceptor, American Academy of Physician Assistants; Fellow, Wisconsin Academy of Physician Assistants

Brady East STD Clinic, Milwaukee, WI Milwaukee Health Services, Inc. (Martin Luther King Heritage Health Center), Dept. of Family Medicine and Early Intervention Program for HIV Infected Persons