Sexually Transmitted Diseases/Little bumps

Little bumps
Little bumps  
They don't hurt or anything could you tell me what these are?

Hi Mike,

We call them Fordyce's spots and they are an inherited skin condition passed from parent to child and they are the same thing as whiteheads or pimples except without the hair follicle. They can occur in patches like yours, but you can see them spread out across the penis, glans, testicles, and they can even appear on your mouth. Because they are not typical pimples please don't try to pop them. Although they do contain sebum (oil), popping them will invariably cause scarring and possible infection, which would be bad. They will eventually heal themselves and go away on their own, but it does take time and they DO come back. You should know that this is something you eventually grow out of and at the age of 32 I get them less than I did in my teens, but I still get them. There is no cure or treatment, but if you want a quick fix you can visit a dermatologist for an in-house procedure. Remember, they can come back. If you have follow-up let me know.

Sexually Transmitted Diseases

John Brice

Educated and certified in STI information, HIV and AIDS, and trained in comprehensive sex education for teens and young adults. Providing counseling in sexuality, sexual interests, and sexual orientations, pregnancy prevention, safer sex initiatives, and teaching health education seminars to adults ages 18-65 for the past 3 years. Serve underserved clients in homeless shelters, workplace readiness programs, and detention centers. Three term AmeriCorps domestic service volunteer and Peace Corps nominee for Health Service to Lesotho and Rwanda. Providing services to the GLBTQIA populations of which I am a member.

3 years as a volunteer Emergency Medical Technician (Advanced) for 3 years and comprehensive sex educator for 3 years and parenting educator for 3 years. *North Carolina State Certified Emergency Medical Technician, #P083512 *Certified Health Education Specialist, #22589

*American Public Health Association *National Commission on Health Education Credentialing

American Public Health Association, Student Assembly, Quarterly Newsletter 2012-2014

*Doctor of Education (candidate), K-12 Teacher Leadership; Capella University *Master of Public Health, Social and Behavioral Sciences; Capella University *Master of Education, Curriculum and Instruction; Concordia University-Portland *Bachelor of Arts, Psychology and English; East Carolina University

Graduated with Distinction from Capella University AllExperts, Top Experts of 2014 (One and Multiple Categories)

*Over 180 clients, lasting 30 sessions, in 5 locations during Florida service. *Over 150 clients, lasting 18 sessions, in 2 locations during South Carolina service.