Sexually Transmitted Diseases/Little bumps

Question
Little bumps
Little bumps  
They don't hurt or anything could you tell me what these are?

Answer
Hi Mike,

We call them Fordyce's spots and they are an inherited skin condition passed from parent to child and they are the same thing as whiteheads or pimples except without the hair follicle. They can occur in patches like yours, but you can see them spread out across the penis, glans, testicles, and they can even appear on your mouth. Because they are not typical pimples please don't try to pop them. Although they do contain sebum (oil), popping them will invariably cause scarring and possible infection, which would be bad. They will eventually heal themselves and go away on their own, but it does take time and they DO come back. You should know that this is something you eventually grow out of and at the age of 32 I get them less than I did in my teens, but I still get them. There is no cure or treatment, but if you want a quick fix you can visit a dermatologist for an in-house procedure. Remember, they can come back. If you have follow-up let me know.

Cheers,

John

Sexually Transmitted Diseases

John Brice