Sexually Transmitted Diseases/Need to ease my worry of an std

Far view
Far view  
Bumps and
Bumps and  
QUESTION: I've never really looked to see what my vagina looked like so I checked last night and noticed some bumps and the inside of my vagina is white.. I'm sexually active but I haven't had sex since I broke up with my boyfriend over a year ago and we almost always used protection.. I'm scared that I may have HPV.. I'm 24 and I haven't had a Pap smear yet I just wanted to get some insight before I go in 2 weeks.. I've attached pics, sorry I didn't *prepare* before taking the pics

Hi, I noticed them to honey and they could be a common sign of benign dysplasia and nothing more and I'm happy that you're getting them checked out with your specialist. I also advice my female clients to get a pap smear if they haven't had one in 3 years to check for cervical cancer risk and HPV. Aside from the appearance are you noticing any symptomology? Get back to me if you can.

Best wishes,

QUESTION: Thank you so much for replying!! I've been tired a lot lately and I've been noticing when I wipes using the restroom I have mucus in the residue.. So what is benign dysplasia? I just read online that it's HPV?!

Benign dysplasia means non-cancerous tissue growth in non-dork speak, so no it doesn't necessarily mean HPV at all. As I suggested, I would like to contact your specialist because the discharge is evidence of some sort of internal infection and thank you for confirming that for me. Let me know when you do find out from your OBGYN what it is and I hope you feel better :)

Best wishes,

Sexually Transmitted Diseases

John Brice

Educated and certified in STI information, HIV and AIDS, and trained in comprehensive sex education for teens and young adults. Providing counseling in sexuality, sexual interests, and sexual orientations, pregnancy prevention, safer sex initiatives, and teaching health education seminars to adults ages 18-65 for the past 3 years. Serve underserved clients in homeless shelters, workplace readiness programs, and detention centers. Three term AmeriCorps domestic service volunteer and Peace Corps nominee for Health Service to Lesotho and Rwanda. Providing services to the GLBTQIA populations of which I am a member.

3 years as a volunteer Emergency Medical Technician (Advanced) for 3 years and comprehensive sex educator for 3 years and parenting educator for 3 years. *North Carolina State Certified Emergency Medical Technician, #P083512 *Certified Health Education Specialist, #22589

*American Public Health Association *National Commission on Health Education Credentialing

American Public Health Association, Student Assembly, Quarterly Newsletter 2012-2014

*Doctor of Education (candidate), K-12 Teacher Leadership; Capella University *Master of Public Health, Social and Behavioral Sciences; Capella University *Master of Education, Curriculum and Instruction; Concordia University-Portland *Bachelor of Arts, Psychology and English; East Carolina University

Graduated with Distinction from Capella University AllExperts, Top Experts of 2014 (One and Multiple Categories)

*Over 180 clients, lasting 30 sessions, in 5 locations during Florida service. *Over 150 clients, lasting 18 sessions, in 2 locations during South Carolina service.