Sexually Transmitted Diseases/Red bumps on penis head.


bumps pic
bumps pic  
QUESTION: I'm a 25 year old male in a committed relationship with my girlfriend for seven months now.

A few days ago, we had sex without a condom. While I was able to rinse with water, I wasn't in a position to fully bathe with soap and water for almost two days. Now, we've had sex without a condom before with no issue. Yesterday, I noticed small, red bumps on the head of my penis. They're painless with no itching sensation. I have never had these before. I trust her that she has not had intercourse with anyone, nor have I. What do you believe this could be?
They are painless, with no itching/burning sensation. But my penis head does seem dryer than usual. Thank you so much in advance.


The bumps around your corona are penile pearly papules and have been there forever, but I'm sure you new that. As for the abrasion burns on your penis, those were because you didn't use a condom AND I'm betting a few bucks you didn't use lubricant either. Whenever you have intercourse (with either yourself or someone else) you're literally burning off the skin of your penis with either your hand or your partners orifice, so using a water based or silicone lubricant gets rid of that friction. The abrasions will heal in a few days, but a few dabs of hydrocortisone a couple times a day will speed up the process too! Let me know if you have follow-up.



---------- FOLLOW-UP ----------


QUESTION: Thanks for the insight there. My girlfriend and I were talking after it started, and she said that she had begun a yeast infection the same day we had sex without realizing it. I figured "Okay, no big deal. I'll use Monistat 7 cream to clear it up." I've been using it for a few days now, and the original spots are gone, but now I have these white marks as shown in the picture. Any advice?

Oh God Joe,

Men aren't suppose to use vaginal yeast infection cream, its to powerful! You've basically burnt the skin off your glans because Monistat is meant for an internal vaginal chemistry whereas men should use a clotrimazole cream like Lotrimin or some other jock itch medication. It will eventually heal itself, but try not to do that again! Haha.

Best wishes,


Sexually Transmitted Diseases

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


John Brice


Educated and certified in STI information, HIV and AIDS, and trained in comprehensive sex education for teens and young adults. Providing counseling in sexuality, sexual interests, and sexual orientations, pregnancy prevention, safer sex initiatives, and teaching health education seminars to adults ages 18-65 for the past 3 years. Serve underserved clients in homeless shelters, workplace readiness programs, and detention centers. Three term AmeriCorps domestic service volunteer and Peace Corps nominee for Health Service to Lesotho and Rwanda. Providing services to the GLBTQIA populations of which I am a member.


3 years as a volunteer Emergency Medical Technician (Advanced) for 3 years and comprehensive sex educator for 3 years and parenting educator for 3 years. *North Carolina State Certified Emergency Medical Technician, #P083512 *Certified Health Education Specialist, #22589

*American Public Health Association *National Commission on Health Education Credentialing

American Public Health Association, Student Assembly, Quarterly Newsletter 2012-2014

*Doctor of Education (candidate), K-12 Teacher Leadership; Capella University *Master of Public Health, Social and Behavioral Sciences; Capella University *Master of Education, Curriculum and Instruction; Concordia University-Portland *Bachelor of Arts, Psychology and English; East Carolina University

Awards and Honors
Graduated with Distinction from Capella University AllExperts, Top Experts of 2014 (One and Multiple Categories)

Past/Present Clients
*Over 180 clients, lasting 30 sessions, in 5 locations during Florida service. *Over 150 clients, lasting 18 sessions, in 2 locations during South Carolina service.

©2017 All rights reserved.