Sexually Transmitted Diseases/red bumps on scrotum

red bumps
red bumps  
Hello, I'm 24 years old and have been sexually active and have had unprotected sex lately and noticed red bumps On my scrotum. It kinda resembles a rash but doesn't itch or painful. I can't find out what it might be. Hopefully you can help me out.

They appear to be the classic sign of healing ingrown hairs, which are common all over the pubic area and you should not confuse them with any STI. I would behoove you to use a barrier method to protect yourself from most STI's but as you know the scrotum is often a sensitive area in terms of the fact that it lies outside the condoms protective confines. If you're worried about whether or you've been put at risk for an STI then I would wait 2-3 weeks and get an STI panel at your local health dept or with your primary care provider. STI panels often have a pretty quick turn around these days and can be cost effective. If you have follow up let me know.

Best wishes,

Sexually Transmitted Diseases

John Brice

Educated and certified in STI information, HIV and AIDS, and trained in comprehensive sex education for teens and young adults. Providing counseling in sexuality, sexual interests, and sexual orientations, pregnancy prevention, safer sex initiatives, and teaching health education seminars to adults ages 18-65 for the past 3 years. Serve underserved clients in homeless shelters, workplace readiness programs, and detention centers. Three term AmeriCorps domestic service volunteer and Peace Corps nominee for Health Service to Lesotho and Rwanda. Providing services to the GLBTQIA populations of which I am a member.

3 years as a volunteer Emergency Medical Technician (Advanced) for 3 years and comprehensive sex educator for 3 years and parenting educator for 3 years. *North Carolina State Certified Emergency Medical Technician, #P083512 *Certified Health Education Specialist, #22589

*American Public Health Association *National Commission on Health Education Credentialing

American Public Health Association, Student Assembly, Quarterly Newsletter 2012-2014

*Doctor of Education (candidate), K-12 Teacher Leadership; Capella University *Master of Public Health, Social and Behavioral Sciences; Capella University *Master of Education, Curriculum and Instruction; Concordia University-Portland *Bachelor of Arts, Psychology and English; East Carolina University

Graduated with Distinction from Capella University AllExperts, Top Experts of 2014 (One and Multiple Categories)

*Over 180 clients, lasting 30 sessions, in 5 locations during Florida service. *Over 150 clients, lasting 18 sessions, in 2 locations during South Carolina service.