Sexually Transmitted Diseases/Std/Sti Herpes

Question
Hello my question is in regards to std/sti infection. About a week ago I was with a woman I licked and sucked her breast. I also allowed her to give me a hand job. She removed my penis with her bare hands at which point I had her put on a glove. I've recently heard a rumor that she may have herpes. I spoke with her and she confirmed that she does! I visited my primary doctor he insists that I have nothing to worry about because I did not kiss her, I did not have anal, oral, or vaginal sex with her. He says the disease isn't spread by any of the activities that I engaged in. Is he correct in his statement? I'm really worried and freaked out. Thank you for your help and second opinion.

Answer
Joe,

The long and short answer is yes. Herpes, like every STI except for HPV, is spread by fluid contact and that wasn't the case with your sexual experience. Even without the glove you had a greater chance of getting struck by lightning than getting herpes. Let me know if you have follow-up.  

Best wishes,

John

Sexually Transmitted Diseases

John Brice