Sexually Transmitted Diseases/Sti ??

Question
Rash?
Rash?  

Syphilis?
Syphilis?  
Hello there,

I'm 27 and married a long time and now all of a sudden I have a reddish kinda itchy rash on the outter walls of my vagina. I also at the same time have notice white lines and circles on my tongue.  The rash  is red and with what looks like dry white skin around it. Please help

Jessie

Answer
Jessie,

You need to get looked at as this could indicate a latent HSV 2 infection or herpes simplex type 2 and you could be having an active outbreak. I would make an appointment with your OBGYN specialist as soon as you can to get a swab or blood panel if possible and abstain from intercourse from the time being in case it really is what I think it could be. Get back to me once your provider takes a look at it.

Best wishes,

John

Sexually Transmitted Diseases

John Brice