Sexually Transmitted Diseases/Wart or Scar from old pimple/ingrown hair

pic 1
pic 1  

pic 2
pic 2  
Hi John, I'm hoping you can help (hopefully) put my mind at ease. About 5 years ago I got an ingrown hair/pimple in my pubic area and I kept messing with it. So much that it got infected and I would mess with it more. Eventually it scabbed and healed and I didn't think more of it. A year or so later I noticed what looked to be a scar from that incident and continued to think nothing of it because, hey, its just a scar. Fast forward to now and I notice it every now and again when I trim the area and it kind of freaks me out. I can't recall exactly what side (left or right) I had that ingrown hair on and now I'm uncertain if it is a scar or genital wart or other. The skin has a similar look to a scar but I'm not expert. Also, it is not cauliflower looking like I've read warts are.

I've looked up a bunch of images of genital warts and can't tell so I've taken a few pictures and hope you can provide some insight. It hasn't grown in all this time and hasn't disappeared either. I've read that warts tend to do both of those things over time (especially 5 years). Please see the attached images.

That's a scar and it'll stay that way forever I'm afraid. Paranoia will get the better of you if you let, just like acne scars on my back have never healed after 20+ years and they look damn awful. The good news is no it isn't HPV because those look very much different than a scar. If you need further assistance let me know and best of luck.

Sexually Transmitted Diseases

John Brice

Educated and certified in STI information, HIV and AIDS, and trained in comprehensive sex education for teens and young adults. Providing counseling in sexuality, sexual interests, and sexual orientations, pregnancy prevention, safer sex initiatives, and teaching health education seminars to adults ages 18-65 for the past 3 years. Serve underserved clients in homeless shelters, workplace readiness programs, and detention centers. Three term AmeriCorps domestic service volunteer and Peace Corps nominee for Health Service to Lesotho and Rwanda. Providing services to the GLBTQIA populations of which I am a member.

3 years as a volunteer Emergency Medical Technician (Advanced) for 3 years and comprehensive sex educator for 3 years and parenting educator for 3 years. *North Carolina State Certified Emergency Medical Technician, #P083512 *Certified Health Education Specialist, #22589

*American Public Health Association *National Commission on Health Education Credentialing

American Public Health Association, Student Assembly, Quarterly Newsletter 2012-2014

*Doctor of Education (candidate), K-12 Teacher Leadership; Capella University *Master of Public Health, Social and Behavioral Sciences; Capella University *Master of Education, Curriculum and Instruction; Concordia University-Portland *Bachelor of Arts, Psychology and English; East Carolina University

Graduated with Distinction from Capella University AllExperts, Top Experts of 2014 (One and Multiple Categories)

*Over 180 clients, lasting 30 sessions, in 5 locations during Florida service. *Over 150 clients, lasting 18 sessions, in 2 locations during South Carolina service.