Sexually Transmitted Diseases/Bumps around vaginal opening

Question
bumps
bumps  
QUESTION: I had unprotected rough sex two days ago. Now my vagina just feels weird and different. There are lots of bumps around my vaginal opening which also just feels sore and maybe even a little bit swollen. I am really worried I could be pregnant and/or have gotten an STI. Any idea what this could be?

ANSWER: Hello Julia,
Get a pregnancy test and STI testing at a local Planned Parenthood or your doctor's office, to make sure you are okay.  And use an effective method of birth control, so you won't get an unwanted pregnancy which can affect your life and career for the next 20 years!

The tiny bumps at the upper right part of the opening of the vagina may be warts, or a normal variation, however they must be checked in person to know for sure.

Good luck!
--mark

QUESTION: The bumps are gone and every tj ING down there seems like it's back to normal by I am still going to get tested asap. It's now the the 6th day after. I had a sore throat and nasal congestion and a cough for the past few days but today the sore throat and cough and congestion are pretty much gone but now I am very nauseated and have what seems to be a bad stomach flu. is it possible this could be a sign of being pregnant this early on? Or could it just be a coincidence and just be a flu? I am still going to get tested for everything but I just wanted some peace of mind

Answer
Hello Again, Julia,
Not sure what this typo represents: "The bumps are gone and every tj ING down there...."  Lots of winter viruses can cause the respiratory and abdominal ailments you describe, but so can early pregnancy, however nausea associated with pregnancy ("morning sickness") usually occurs during the middle part of the first trimester, not a week or two after the sexual encounter. You know what you need to do, so go to a women's health/family planning clinic and find out what is going on!

Good luck!
--mark  

Sexually Transmitted Diseases

Mark P. Behar