Sexually Transmitted Diseases/Penis head pigmentation

Question
Red patches
Red patches  

Red patches
Red patches  
I am a 24yr old male and recently discovered a change in the pigmentation of  my penis head. It doesn't itch, not raised, slightly rough(dry) to the touch but smooth once I apply lotion. Happened recently and I have been applying lotion much as I can thinking its patches of dry skin. I have not had any sex or masturbated since I discovered it.  I do run in compression shorts, possibly the problem is caused from the friction of the compression shorts rubbing on the head of the penis. I attached a pic, I'd appreciate any thoughts. Thanks.

Answer
Sonny,

Changes in pigmentation can occur as melanin (the skin pigment chemical) could alter entirely with no reason as a result of lack of sunlight. The main point is that its not necessarily abnormal for your skin color to change and sometimes this change is permanent. I have a large pigment change on my glans that has been there since my late teens and will remain forever. If you want to get this checked out, please consult with a dermatologist once a year, which is a great idea to keep melanoma in check!

Cheers,

John

Sexually Transmitted Diseases

John Brice