Sexually Transmitted Diseases/STD or something else??

Question
spots
spots  
spots
spots  
QUESTION: Hi Dr. i found these group of spots on my penis, what are they? And i am still a virgin but i bought a fleshlight from a store 3 weeks ago and now i am really worried. Also i feel a little sore on the foreskin under the penis head.  Please help!

ANSWER: Albert,

I'm guessing since you didn't use any lubricant and a Fleshlight (especially a new one) can be very abrasive when you first use it, you received an abrasion burn. This is similar to receiving oral sex or having intercourse without protection or using enough lubricant the first time. The bumps are simply skin cells that have been sheared off your penis and now your skin is healing, so no concern there. This will happen pretty much every time you use your Fleshlight, but if you were to use a water or silicone based lubricant applied generously to the inside of your Fleshlight, you would see a dramatic change and feel much better!

Sincerely,

John

dots
dots  
QUESTION: HI, thanks for the advice doctor and  sorry to have to brother you again ,i am still worried because the dots that is on my foreskin looks terrifying,so i did some research online and i feel like they kinda look like genital warts, or fordyce spots, i will send you another picture that looks a little bit clear. Can you identify them please?And what are the chances i got  infected with STDs if the fleshlight was used and returned by someone because i did not wash it before i used it, however it has to be at least 8 hours before i used it after purchasing it from the store. Please help Dr.!

Answer
Hi Albert,

I've written about this numerous times and they're known as Fordyce's spots, which are deep sebaceous forms of acne. Lots of people have them and they actually have a genetic component, meaning you inherit them from your parents, so they are not a disease, but there is no cure for them either. However, you can consult with a dermatologist or skin doctor to have them removed since yours is rather on the more serious side. Please never try to remove them yourself as there is always a risk of scarring and infection. There is a side note to this however: Just like any form of acne-they can return and often do. If you have further questions, let me know. I've had them since I was in my teens and still do, but they often lessen in numbers as you age.

Sincerely,

John

Sexually Transmitted Diseases

John Brice