Sexually Transmitted Diseases/Bumps on penis

Recently noticed red bumps on the back side shaft oft or is. They cause me no harm and are not painful but are not a good look either. Wondering what they are. Can they be removed, if so how? Interested in information about these bumps.

Hi Josh,

Those are Fordyce's spots, which are actually genetically inherited sebeceous cysts and are completely harmless. They can go away on there own, but they can just as easily come back as well, which is why I recommend that people leave them alone. They will hurt like hell if you attempt to "pop" them and you can create a route for infection. If your's was bad enough, I could recommend that you visit your dermatologist and they could in fact use a laser device to remove them for you. However, your's aren't bad at all. Some people have truly pernicious form's of Fordyce's that are all over the glans, shaft, testicles, and groin. You can even have them around your mouth; women get them too. Let me know if you have follow up.

Cheers mate,

Sexually Transmitted Diseases

John Brice

Educated and certified in STI information, HIV and AIDS, and trained in comprehensive sex education for teens and young adults. Providing counseling in sexuality, sexual interests, and sexual orientations, pregnancy prevention, safer sex initiatives, and teaching health education seminars to adults ages 18-65 for the past 3 years. Serve underserved clients in homeless shelters, workplace readiness programs, and detention centers. Three term AmeriCorps domestic service volunteer and Peace Corps nominee for Health Service to Lesotho and Rwanda. Providing services to the GLBTQIA populations of which I am a member.

3 years as a volunteer Emergency Medical Technician (Advanced) for 3 years and comprehensive sex educator for 3 years and parenting educator for 3 years. *North Carolina State Certified Emergency Medical Technician, #P083512 *Certified Health Education Specialist, #22589

*American Public Health Association *National Commission on Health Education Credentialing

American Public Health Association, Student Assembly, Quarterly Newsletter 2012-2014

*Doctor of Education (candidate), K-12 Teacher Leadership; Capella University *Master of Public Health, Social and Behavioral Sciences; Capella University *Master of Education, Curriculum and Instruction; Concordia University-Portland *Bachelor of Arts, Psychology and English; East Carolina University

Graduated with Distinction from Capella University AllExperts, Top Experts of 2014 (One and Multiple Categories)

*Over 180 clients, lasting 30 sessions, in 5 locations during Florida service. *Over 150 clients, lasting 18 sessions, in 2 locations during South Carolina service.