Sexually Transmitted Diseases/Is this herpes or?

I have spent the past 9 months going to dr's and only had one answer from an STD clinic said it was yeast infection. I been on Diflucan and Nystatin for 6 months and it has not gone away. I have two small red bumps on each side of my penis opening and I have white spots near my teeth on the inside and a purple roof on my mouth and I have red bumps and stuff that look like leafy things on my tongue and my penis at times gets swollen and becomes tender and sore when it gets dirty. Every dr I been too has no idea what it is. But if it is a yeast infection it has not gone away with 6 months of treatments. First image is my tongue second is of what is on my penis. Now the symptoms have gone down but not by much. my body tends to itch like crazy in random places, my testicles get swollen at times and sometimes hurt. But every std test came back clean. Please any help would be greatful.

Hello Dave,
Your tongue looks mildly irritated (glossitis), probably associated with food irritants such as prolonged exposure to vinegar, lemon, salty stuff, crunching sunflower seeds, etc.  Give your tongue a rest, and it should improve, but it may recur with further exposure to irritants!

The photo of your penis shows a whitish discharge at the tip with redness surrounding the opening, which is consistent with an infection (or recent sexual activity).  How does your penis "get dirty"?  I don't see anything else that should be of concern.  If you have been to several doctors who don't think anything is wrong, perhaps they are correct, and you are worrying about nothing but a normal variation.  It is NOT herpes!

Option two, is get another opinion from a specialist!

Good luck!

Sexually Transmitted Diseases

Mark P. Behar

Almost any question or concern about gay men's health issues, sexually transmitted infections, abnormal Pap smears, anal cytology (anal "Pap smears"), etc. There is no such thing as “d/d free” or “clean” (free of infection), so why do so many of us deceive ourselves into thinking that some people are indeed totally free from a potentially infectious disease, like HIV, herpes, hepatitis, syphilis, chlamydia, warts, gonorrhea, etc., just because they say so? Clinical laboratory tests are not perfect, and having a “negative” or “nonreactive” test does not mean that a person is free from infection. Perhaps at the moment the test was taken, the person was uninfected; or, perhaps, the test wasn’t sensitive enough to detect presence of the infection. There is really no way that anyone can determine that they are truly “disease free,” and there are over a hundred of infectious conditions that can be spread without your knowing anything. Rather than trying to “pre-screen” or “serosort” a potential sex-mate with deceptive questions that are impossible to know by today’s technologies, a wiser option may be to consider everyone infected with something, and either use appropriate protective measures (“safer sex”), or accept the responsibility and consequences of possibly “catching” something from someone who’s hotter than expected (pun intended!). There is much research that supports the contention that an HIV positive person reliably taking HIV medications, and having an undetectable viral load, presents a lower risk for transmission of HIV than people who may think or say they are HIV negative, but are not. Food for thought!

Family Practice PA since 1981; Volunteer Clinician for Brady East STD (BESTD) Clinic, Milwaukee, since 1977; answered STD questions submitted to their web site. Professionally lectured at national and regional Physician Assistant and Nurse Practitioner conferences, and at national gay & lesbian health conferences on topics including HIV/AIDS, herpes, hepatitis, STDs, human papilloma virus (the cause of venereal warts), abnormal Pap smears, gay and lesbian health issues, among others.

Co-Founder, Lesbian, Bisexual, & Gay Physician Assistant Caucus of the American Academy of Physician Assistants, Inc.; American Academy of Physician Assistants; Wisconsin Academy of Physician Assistants; National Co-Chair (2012-16), National Association of Black and White Men Together: A Gay, Multiracial Organization for All People (NABWMT)

Journal of the American Academy of Physician Assistants (JAPA) Q Visions, Quarterly Newsletter of the NABWMT

Bachelor's of Arts, 1972 (University of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, WI) Graduate Credits Experimental Psychology, 1972-75 (Tulane University, New Orleans, LA) Physician Assistant, Bachelor's of Science, 1981 (George Washington University, Washington, DC); Masters in Physician Assistant Studies, 2000 (University of Nebraska Medical Center, Omaha, NE)

Colposcopy Recognition Award (CRA), the American Association of Colposcopy and Cervical Pathology; Distinguished Fellow, Clinical Preceptor, American Academy of Physician Assistants; Fellow, Wisconsin Academy of Physician Assistants

Brady East STD Clinic, Milwaukee, WI Milwaukee Health Services, Inc. (Martin Luther King Heritage Health Center), Dept. of Family Medicine and Early Intervention Program for HIV Infected Persons