Sexually Transmitted Diseases/Do I have herpes or HIV?

itchy scrotum
itchy scrotum  

red itchy foreskin
red itchy foreskin  
14 days ago, a girl gave me unprotected oral sex and vice versa. Following that, we had intercourse with a condom. Yesterday my foreskin (uncircumcised) became slightly swollen and red and itchy, and my scrotum was slightly itchy too with small bumps. I also have a lot of smegma in my penis. I caught a flu yesterday and experienced fatigue. I read online that one of the symptoms of the first outbreak of herpes was flu and I am pretty worried. I also felt a slight itchiness on my arms and some parts of my body and have sparse pimple like bumps on my thigh. I read that not all people who contracted herpes can show the classic symptoms of herpes blisters so is it likely that I am showing partial symptoms of herpes due to the itchiness? Also I heard that one of the symptoms of contracting HIV is getting flu and fatigue approximately 2 weeks after contracting the disease so is it likely that I have HIV?

Sorry for the long winded question but I am really worried.

I already answered one of your questions. As for the smegma, that comes from not cleaning your foreskin regularly. That's from buildup of dead skin cells, oil and bacteria, plus cotton from your undershorts. The irritation around your foreskin is chaffing from oral sex, which will go away on its own. I recommend using a water or silicone based lubricant in conjunction with sexual activities and kudos for you for using a condom for sexual intercourse. Your foreskin will heal itself. Any other questions?

Sexually Transmitted Diseases

John Brice

Educated and certified in STI information, HIV and AIDS, and trained in comprehensive sex education for teens and young adults. Providing counseling in sexuality, sexual interests, and sexual orientations, pregnancy prevention, safer sex initiatives, and teaching health education seminars to adults ages 18-65 for the past 3 years. Serve underserved clients in homeless shelters, workplace readiness programs, and detention centers. Three term AmeriCorps domestic service volunteer and Peace Corps nominee for Health Service to Lesotho and Rwanda. Providing services to the GLBTQIA populations of which I am a member.

3 years as a volunteer Emergency Medical Technician (Advanced) for 3 years and comprehensive sex educator for 3 years and parenting educator for 3 years. *North Carolina State Certified Emergency Medical Technician, #P083512 *Certified Health Education Specialist, #22589

*American Public Health Association *National Commission on Health Education Credentialing

American Public Health Association, Student Assembly, Quarterly Newsletter 2012-2014

*Doctor of Education (candidate), K-12 Teacher Leadership; Capella University *Master of Public Health, Social and Behavioral Sciences; Capella University *Master of Education, Curriculum and Instruction; Concordia University-Portland *Bachelor of Arts, Psychology and English; East Carolina University

Graduated with Distinction from Capella University AllExperts, Top Experts of 2014 (One and Multiple Categories)

*Over 180 clients, lasting 30 sessions, in 5 locations during Florida service. *Over 150 clients, lasting 18 sessions, in 2 locations during South Carolina service.