Sexually Transmitted Diseases/can i get hiv?

hi question is can i get hiv from abortion?10 months ago i had an abortion in a clinic with a midwife and i am not sure about the sterility of the equipment since the woman who initiated the procedure just poured hot water to the equipments that has been used to terminate my was a manual vacuum aspiration.what ive been worried about what if the metal speculum and the plastic cannula has been used with hiv positive before me?.will it infect me?since i havent seen how did they clean the equipment enought to eliminate the germs and viruses out of it before using to the next patient.what is the chance of aquiring hiv with that situation?

HIV is only transmitted via direct blood contact, fluid transmission from semen and vaginal fluids, and transfer from breast milk. The actual virus can only survive outside the body for a few seconds. Ordinary bleach can kill it, so it's highly doubtful you were exposed to HIV. I'd be worried about infection from something like staph of salmonella! You should have long since contracted and defeated something like that assuming you had complications at all, but I assume if you wanted to get tested for STI's then you could.

Sexually Transmitted Diseases

John Brice

Educated and certified in STI information, HIV and AIDS, and trained in comprehensive sex education for teens and young adults. Providing counseling in sexuality, sexual interests, and sexual orientations, pregnancy prevention, safer sex initiatives, and teaching health education seminars to adults ages 18-65 for the past 3 years. Serve underserved clients in homeless shelters, workplace readiness programs, and detention centers. Three term AmeriCorps domestic service volunteer and Peace Corps nominee for Health Service to Lesotho and Rwanda. Providing services to the GLBTQIA populations of which I am a member.

3 years as a volunteer Emergency Medical Technician (Advanced) for 3 years and comprehensive sex educator for 3 years and parenting educator for 3 years. *North Carolina State Certified Emergency Medical Technician, #P083512 *Certified Health Education Specialist, #22589

*American Public Health Association *National Commission on Health Education Credentialing

American Public Health Association, Student Assembly, Quarterly Newsletter 2012-2014

*Doctor of Education (candidate), K-12 Teacher Leadership; Capella University *Master of Public Health, Social and Behavioral Sciences; Capella University *Master of Education, Curriculum and Instruction; Concordia University-Portland *Bachelor of Arts, Psychology and English; East Carolina University

Graduated with Distinction from Capella University AllExperts, Top Experts of 2014 (One and Multiple Categories)

*Over 180 clients, lasting 30 sessions, in 5 locations during Florida service. *Over 150 clients, lasting 18 sessions, in 2 locations during South Carolina service.