Sexually Transmitted Diseases/What are these painless, non itching bumps on scrotum??

Small painless
Small painless  
Hey, I've noticed these small bumps on my scrotum: it's been maybe a month now, it slowly decreased on my right side but I'm still worried what it could be. I'm 22, and I honestly have never had sex in my life. Even then, I'm worried it could be an STD, or maybe something else? I go to the gym and work almost 11 hours a day at work. I read it could be sweat/grease glands. But I honestly don't know. Please help me.

Hey Jose,

You have a prominent amount of Fordyce's cysts in your scrotum. I haven't seen them as pronounced in the scrotum like that in one of my clients as of yet. Believe it or not Fordyce's isn't a disease, nor is it curable. It's actually an inherited skin condition, so it comes from your parents. It basically like if you could never pop your acne THAT's the result. I know it look's bad, but a lot of people have it (including myself) and a great number of people I have consulted with on this website-in varying degrees I might add. Some people have it around their mouth, some on their glans, or the shaft of the penis, or the scrotum like yourself. Women can have it too. If it gets bad enough and you might be a candidate, then you can consult with a dermatologist to see if treatment might be available, but just a word of caution. Fordyce's WILL and CAN come back. The only good news is that as you age the condition gets better, so I have less problems in my 30's than I did in my 20's. If you need follow up let me know.

Good luck,

Sexually Transmitted Diseases

John Brice

Educated and certified in STI information, HIV and AIDS, and trained in comprehensive sex education for teens and young adults. Providing counseling in sexuality, sexual interests, and sexual orientations, pregnancy prevention, safer sex initiatives, and teaching health education seminars to adults ages 18-65 for the past 3 years. Serve underserved clients in homeless shelters, workplace readiness programs, and detention centers. Three term AmeriCorps domestic service volunteer and Peace Corps nominee for Health Service to Lesotho and Rwanda. Providing services to the GLBTQIA populations of which I am a member.

3 years as a volunteer Emergency Medical Technician (Advanced) for 3 years and comprehensive sex educator for 3 years and parenting educator for 3 years. *North Carolina State Certified Emergency Medical Technician, #P083512 *Certified Health Education Specialist, #22589

*American Public Health Association *National Commission on Health Education Credentialing

American Public Health Association, Student Assembly, Quarterly Newsletter 2012-2014

*Doctor of Education (candidate), K-12 Teacher Leadership; Capella University *Master of Public Health, Social and Behavioral Sciences; Capella University *Master of Education, Curriculum and Instruction; Concordia University-Portland *Bachelor of Arts, Psychology and English; East Carolina University

Graduated with Distinction from Capella University AllExperts, Top Experts of 2014 (One and Multiple Categories)

*Over 180 clients, lasting 30 sessions, in 5 locations during Florida service. *Over 150 clients, lasting 18 sessions, in 2 locations during South Carolina service.