Sexually Transmitted Diseases/Pimples on my penile shaft

Ring spot
Ring spot  
Name: Atif
Country: United States, Cumming Ga

I'll start from the beginning. Two and half months ago I was at a party and this girl gave me unprotected blowjob. This was the first sexual contact I had and so far the only one. The following day I put on anti-persistant deodorant around my penis. It was a stupid thing to do and it burned like hell. The following day the burning feeling was completely gone. Couple days later I started noticing pimples on the dark circle of my penile shaft.  Two and half months later there still there and still don't bother me unless I look at them.  In addition, I started noticing small pinhead things on the head of my penis. There were four or five in a row and only way for me to notice them is to get hard and use flash light. Now I have one that is noticeable without me getting hard. If I rub my finger across it, it stings me but now not so much. It might be due to the fact that it's been rubbing against my boxer or something. In addition, couple of days later I also noticed that small spots I guess is a correct way to say on the ring of my penis head. It use to give me discomfort when it rubbed against my boxers. It's gotten better but if I slide my finger on that part it still stings but not as bad. I really don't know what those things are and if they could be dangerous. On the back of my penis, there is one spot if I slide my finger on it, it stings. I've seen it form but didn't think much of it since it doesn't look that serious. Honestly it doesn't even look like anything at all and just looks like part of skin. That thing on the back is giving me stings when it rubs against my boxers.Also I got tested for gonnerea and chylamedia and came back negative.

I still live with my parents and share bathroom with my brothers so should I be concern on what this could possible be. The pimples on my penile shaft that I had noticed on the first week are still there. During the last two weeks, I've been noticing small pin heads, and these things on the ring of my penis. It's only on the left side of the right though. Also the skin thing on the back. I'm not sure if these are just skin conditions or an STD.

I can only upload two pictures. The problem that is in the back of my penis can be found in this link.

Thanks for taking your time to read this question.

Hello Atif,
The skin of your penis, much like the skin on your hands, face, and elsewhere, can exhibit cosmetic changes and minor imperfections periodically.  Sometimes, it may be due to chemical irritants, such as antiperspirants or lotions.  Sometimes, a blow job by an inexperienced person may cause a bit of irritation from rubbing against a sharp tooth or dental brace wire.  Nothing illustrated in your collection of photos, looked abnormal to me, including the tiny pigmented bumps along the circumcision line that wraps around the shaft.

None if it looks like an STD.  None of it looks like something that can be spread to your family members.  They are not dangerous, only annoying because they cause you a bit of irritation.  You didn't mention whether you masturbate with lubrication, with hand lotion, dry or in the shower with soap. Irrespective of your sexual history, many times during the day you will still get involuntary erections, and if your penis is in the wrong position, it may push and rub against rough fitting clothing, which may increase the sensitivity to other things. Avoid the tight clothing or sporting or other activities that "entrap" your penis in this manner, and things should get better.

Good luck!

Sexually Transmitted Diseases

Mark P. Behar

Almost any question or concern about gay men's health issues, sexually transmitted infections, abnormal Pap smears, anal cytology (anal "Pap smears"), etc. There is no such thing as “d/d free” or “clean” (free of infection), so why do so many of us deceive ourselves into thinking that some people are indeed totally free from a potentially infectious disease, like HIV, herpes, hepatitis, syphilis, chlamydia, warts, gonorrhea, etc., just because they say so? Clinical laboratory tests are not perfect, and having a “negative” or “nonreactive” test does not mean that a person is free from infection. Perhaps at the moment the test was taken, the person was uninfected; or, perhaps, the test wasn’t sensitive enough to detect presence of the infection. There is really no way that anyone can determine that they are truly “disease free,” and there are over a hundred of infectious conditions that can be spread without your knowing anything. Rather than trying to “pre-screen” or “serosort” a potential sex-mate with deceptive questions that are impossible to know by today’s technologies, a wiser option may be to consider everyone infected with something, and either use appropriate protective measures (“safer sex”), or accept the responsibility and consequences of possibly “catching” something from someone who’s hotter than expected (pun intended!). There is much research that supports the contention that an HIV positive person reliably taking HIV medications, and having an undetectable viral load, presents a lower risk for transmission of HIV than people who may think or say they are HIV negative, but are not. Food for thought!

Family Practice PA since 1981; Volunteer Clinician for Brady East STD (BESTD) Clinic, Milwaukee, since 1977; answered STD questions submitted to their web site. Professionally lectured at national and regional Physician Assistant and Nurse Practitioner conferences, and at national gay & lesbian health conferences on topics including HIV/AIDS, herpes, hepatitis, STDs, human papilloma virus (the cause of venereal warts), abnormal Pap smears, gay and lesbian health issues, among others.

Co-Founder, Lesbian, Bisexual, & Gay Physician Assistant Caucus of the American Academy of Physician Assistants, Inc.; American Academy of Physician Assistants; Wisconsin Academy of Physician Assistants; National Co-Chair (2012-16), National Association of Black and White Men Together: A Gay, Multiracial Organization for All People (NABWMT)

Journal of the American Academy of Physician Assistants (JAPA) Q Visions, Quarterly Newsletter of the NABWMT

Bachelor's of Arts, 1972 (University of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, WI) Graduate Credits Experimental Psychology, 1972-75 (Tulane University, New Orleans, LA) Physician Assistant, Bachelor's of Science, 1981 (George Washington University, Washington, DC); Masters in Physician Assistant Studies, 2000 (University of Nebraska Medical Center, Omaha, NE)

Colposcopy Recognition Award (CRA), the American Association of Colposcopy and Cervical Pathology; Distinguished Fellow, Clinical Preceptor, American Academy of Physician Assistants; Fellow, Wisconsin Academy of Physician Assistants

Brady East STD Clinic, Milwaukee, WI Milwaukee Health Services, Inc. (Martin Luther King Heritage Health Center), Dept. of Family Medicine and Early Intervention Program for HIV Infected Persons