Sexually Transmitted Diseases/Small raised ring on shaft of penis

Question
QUESTION: Hello, I'm wondering about a few small raised rings on my penis and if it could be a STD. It's been there for a couple months and when I get an erection or pull the skin back it still appears to be there. They're also soft, skin colored, and have clearly defined edges for the most part.

Thanks

ANSWER: Hello Matt,
"A photograph is worth a thousand words," especially since a lot of skin conditions can match your description, and I'm not sure what you mean when you say, "raised rings."  You also didn't mention whether you are sexually active or not, whether your partner has anything as well, whether you have any other skin problems elsewhere, and whether they affect your ability to have sex.

Follow-up with an in focus snapshot closeup, with bright light.  

Good luck!
--mark

Underside
Underside  

Underside
Underside  
QUESTION: I am sexually active and use a condom for vaginal sex but not oral sex with just one partner. I had a wart on my finger and recently had it removed. The rings do not affect my ability to have sex. They're located right on my circumcision scar I think and underneath my penis. So there is some loose skin around the area.

Answer
Hi Again, Matt,
In the first photo, the linear soft slightly bluish thing is one of the superficial veins on distal shaft of your penis.  Where your thumb begins extending downward and to the right of the photo, is excessive slightly pigmented skin wrapping around the shaft, is where your circumcision was.  Both are absolutely normal, and are nothing to worry about.  I can't see anything else that looks like what you've described as "rings".  If I missed what you are referring to, please let me know!

Good luck!
--mark  

Sexually Transmitted Diseases

Mark P. Behar