Sexually Transmitted Diseases/bumps on pubic area

Question
QUESTION: I wanted to ask a quick question, can HPV ever have hair growing out of it? What about molluscum can that have hair growing out of it?

I have two bumps in my pubic area with hair growing out of them, they have remained there for about a week now. I suspect they may be folliculitis because of the hair, but I cant seem to find an answer to my questions online.

For now I have applied tea tree oil to them, but I worry that it might be hpv.

ANSWER: Hello Adam,
A photograph would be helpful to see exactly what you are experiencing! Can hair grow out of a wart or molluscum contagiosum? HPV is a virus. When HPV activates the abnormal skin cell growth that progresses to warts, it can occur around hair follicles, so that hair may be seen growing from warts, which are really tiny skin "tumors" or "neoplasms." Same thing can be said about molluscum (caused by a poxvirus known as molluscum contagiosum virus, MCV).  Searching for these terms on google.com/images might show lots of photos, some of which may be similar to what you have.

Good luck!
--mark

Spot 1
Spot 1  

skin tag and bump2
skin tag and bump2  
QUESTION: Hey,

Let me just say thank you for helping out on this website and giving your input, I really appreciate it!

I have uploaded two images. The first one is composed of three images of the spot that first appeared. The one with a hair follicle coming out of it.

The second image has the second spot and next to it what seems to be a skin tag. beneath the second image there is a new 3rd bump I spotted earlier.

Yesterday I put some vinegar on the skin tag and the 3rd new bump, and even 10 mins later, they did not turn white, but I have heard that the vinegar test is unreliable.

I have had a negative herpes igg type specific blood test 4months after last sexual encounter. negative for both hsv1 and hsv2.

I've only been with one girl, and she claims to have gotten the hpv vaccine, but she is very promiscuous so I am not completely assured by what she says. I think she said it to quell my concern.

Is it hpv? molluscum? folliculitis? or sebaceous cysts?

Thank you for the help!

Answer
Hello Adam,
Your herpes 1 and herpes 2 IgG tests are pretty accurate reflections of your NOT having herpes unless you had your first out break within the last few weeks. Your partner's HPV vaccine is very good at preventing HPV induced disease (such as warts, cervical precancerous lesions, etc.), but it isn't a 100% guarantee!

Of all the bumps on the two photos, all except one appear to have a red base, meaning mild inflammation from a pimple, sebaceous cyst, or some other irritant.  The one circled as "new bump" looks more like a skin tag, flat wart, or venereal wart.

Hope this is helpful!
Good luck!
--mark  

Sexually Transmitted Diseases

Mark P. Behar