Sexually Transmitted Diseases/Old scar bumps or herpes

Question
Second bump
Second bump  
First bump
First bump  
QUESTION: Hey mark I just have one more question in regards to a bump kinda under the penis head in which you see from the pics; prior to this all the bumps or healed skin were torn before due lack of lubricant-ion but it never itched or caused any pain whatever I was just worry it just looked weird and needed some verification; From the last time I sent you a question I got a full STD test in just waiting on the result and have to wait due to my PCP is on vacation. Again I thank you for your time.

ANSWER: Hello Again, Mark,
Lots of little cosmetic imperfections occur on the skin, including on the penis.  I cannot see the bumps you are referring to in the photos.  Skin bumps usually occur in the skin, and can be seen and felt as elevations off the background terrain. Sometimes these variations occur in the deeper structures of the connective tissue, and show through by "poking" through and becoming somewhat visible. It does not look like HPV/warts, or any residual effects of previous herpes infections (no scarring usually develops following a herpes outbreak, if you've had them).

The only thing I am concerned about is what you say you had run: "a full STD test" as there is no such thing.  Certain doctors, clinics, or labs may identify a certain number of tests as a common STD panel, to include blood for syphilis, HIV, and hepatitis B, and perhaps additional swab tests (usually DNA based tests called NAAT) for gonorrhea and chlamydia of the urine, throat, anus, and/or cervix, and sometimes a trichomonas urine test. Notice, that herpes testing was omitted, because it may include an assortment of nonspecific blood antibody tests, or a very specific viral DNA swab from an actual lesion, but an active blister, ulcer, or sore must be evident. As such a lesion is not usually present, the test is not used. Note, there are no good lab tests for HPV/warts, as this is usually diagnosed clinically, without a lab test.

Good luck!
--mark

QUESTION: Thanks mark what I meant to say is I got blood& urine tested for the usual STD + herpes I was negative for HIV just waiting on the other results. Again thanks for taking the time to help me out I'll update you w. The results

Answer
Hi Again, Mark,
As I mentioned before, blood tests for herpes are difficult to interpret, and it's tough to attribute a meaning for the test results. You may have had one or more of these:
herpes (HSV) 1 IgG
herpes (HSV) 1 IgM
herpes (HSV) 2 IgG
herpes (HSV) 2 IgM
herpes (HSV) 1 or 2 IgG
herpes (HSV) 1 or 2 IgM
herpes (HSV) 1 NAAT
herpes (HSV) 2 NAAT
herpes (HSV) 1 or 2 NAAT
among others!

Let me know which of the tests were done with their results and perhaps I can help you interpret.

mark  

Sexually Transmitted Diseases

Mark P. Behar