Sexually Transmitted Diseases/bumbs

bumps on the vag
bumps on the vag  
I'm 18 and sexually active. I've had a lot of sex recently with my boyfriend a lot, we've been sexually active together for about 3 months now but never this much in one week and later on today I found bumps on the lower part on my vag. they don't hurt or anything but I'm still worried about it. I've researched things that sound like it but I'm getting mixed answers. should this be something to worry about?

Those are squamous papilloma and are considered to be pretty normal and quite common. Though its recommended to get them checked out as part of a pap smear whenever you visit your OBGYN provider. Make sure to have a pap every 3 years to check for cervical cancer risk and HPV among other things, but they are not to be confused with any disease nor are they are they abnormal. In fact, they are part of your normal anatomy and women experience them as they sexually mature. If you have follow-up let me know.

Sexually Transmitted Diseases

John Brice

Educated and certified in STI information, HIV and AIDS, and trained in comprehensive sex education for teens and young adults. Providing counseling in sexuality, sexual interests, and sexual orientations, pregnancy prevention, safer sex initiatives, and teaching health education seminars to adults ages 18-65 for the past 3 years. Serve underserved clients in homeless shelters, workplace readiness programs, and detention centers. Three term AmeriCorps domestic service volunteer and Peace Corps nominee for Health Service to Lesotho and Rwanda. Providing services to the GLBTQIA populations of which I am a member.

3 years as a volunteer Emergency Medical Technician (Advanced) for 3 years and comprehensive sex educator for 3 years and parenting educator for 3 years. *North Carolina State Certified Emergency Medical Technician, #P083512 *Certified Health Education Specialist, #22589

*American Public Health Association *National Commission on Health Education Credentialing

American Public Health Association, Student Assembly, Quarterly Newsletter 2012-2014

*Doctor of Education (candidate), K-12 Teacher Leadership; Capella University *Master of Public Health, Social and Behavioral Sciences; Capella University *Master of Education, Curriculum and Instruction; Concordia University-Portland *Bachelor of Arts, Psychology and English; East Carolina University

Graduated with Distinction from Capella University AllExperts, Top Experts of 2014 (One and Multiple Categories)

*Over 180 clients, lasting 30 sessions, in 5 locations during Florida service. *Over 150 clients, lasting 18 sessions, in 2 locations during South Carolina service.