Sexually Transmitted Diseases/Bump on penile shaft

Question
Picture
Picture  

Pic 2
Pic 2  
Have a bump the size of a pinhead on penile shaft. Has been there for over a month has not grown/itched/burned. Was curious if you could determine if it was an STI. It is skin colored, looks to have a bluish tint to it but when I take a photo up close it looks different. I am sexually active unprotected with the same person exclusively for the past two years.

You are a huge help
Thank you,
John

Answer
Greetings,

Your "bump" is a sebaceous gland, unruptured, commonly referred to as a Fordyce's spot. They can appear anywhere on the glans, shaft, scrotum, or even around your mouth. The blue appearance is only because it lies above your dorsal vein and its a vascular area, so it would bleed if you attempted to pop it, which would be a very bad idea. As I tell all my clients who have Fordyce's (I have them too) leave them alone! They can go away on their own, but they can also come back. It's an inherited skin affliction, but its not a disease to worry about transmitting to someone else. If you have follow-up let me know.

Cheers,

John

Sexually Transmitted Diseases

John Brice