Sexually Transmitted Diseases/Bumps on Penis Head

QUESTION: Hey, Im 17 years old and am not sexually active and have had 0 sexual partners.  I have had these bumps on my penis for a while now, earliest i can remember was since 13.  They do not itch, burn or irritate.

The easiest way to explain that to you is your glans contains multiple layers of skin, which slough off and leave the newest layer of skin underneath. Also, like the skin on your face, there are pores underneath those layers of skin, which show up as "bumps." This is normal for all men, so this is nothing to be concerned about and is completely normal. It's a condition known as Fordyce's and can occur on your scrotum, shaft, and even on your mouth. Its an inherited trait that a great deal of people have and they can disappear, but they can also come back. It's something that lessons as you age because I notice mine less as I get older and I'm 33. Let me know if you have follow-up.

QUESTION: Thanks, but i see you said it appears on the shaft, scrotum on face.  These bumps are on the head of my penis and look rather like genital warts.  Just would like a clarification and confirmation.
Thanks again,

The condition appears on your glans as well. It's not genital warts; that looks like a completely different pathology. HPV takes the form of skin tags or benign cauliflower-like growths on the outside of the skin and they often are darker in color compared to the normal skin tone. Your skin is completely normal, pink, perfused, and in contour to the surrounding area. Let me know if you have follow-up.

Sexually Transmitted Diseases

John Brice

Educated and certified in STI information, HIV and AIDS, and trained in comprehensive sex education for teens and young adults. Providing counseling in sexuality, sexual interests, and sexual orientations, pregnancy prevention, safer sex initiatives, and teaching health education seminars to adults ages 18-65 for the past 3 years. Serve underserved clients in homeless shelters, workplace readiness programs, and detention centers. Three term AmeriCorps domestic service volunteer and Peace Corps nominee for Health Service to Lesotho and Rwanda. Providing services to the GLBTQIA populations of which I am a member.

3 years as a volunteer Emergency Medical Technician (Advanced) for 3 years and comprehensive sex educator for 3 years and parenting educator for 3 years. *North Carolina State Certified Emergency Medical Technician, #P083512 *Certified Health Education Specialist, #22589

*American Public Health Association *National Commission on Health Education Credentialing

American Public Health Association, Student Assembly, Quarterly Newsletter 2012-2014

*Doctor of Education (candidate), K-12 Teacher Leadership; Capella University *Master of Public Health, Social and Behavioral Sciences; Capella University *Master of Education, Curriculum and Instruction; Concordia University-Portland *Bachelor of Arts, Psychology and English; East Carolina University

Graduated with Distinction from Capella University AllExperts, Top Experts of 2014 (One and Multiple Categories)

*Over 180 clients, lasting 30 sessions, in 5 locations during Florida service. *Over 150 clients, lasting 18 sessions, in 2 locations during South Carolina service.