Sexually Transmitted Diseases/foreskin issue

John, What can cause discomfort (numbish,carpet burn feeling inside tip of inner foreskin: only on left side). I still feel it after 11 months now, 24/7. I've never had problems with soaps,etc., All std tests have been negative. Sugar levels are good. I have no redness,sores,or blisters, or anything looking bad visibly. Foreskin looks healthy. Could it be some sort of fungus infection? What do you think? What else can I have a doctor test for? Also, my left testicle is a little achy, but could be due to a hernia repair done 18 yrs. ago. I'm in my 40's. Maybe a recurring hernia? Any info is greatly appreciated. Thank You.....

Since I've had this feeling to, my guess is dry skin irritation of a non-pathological origin. This is why you aren't going to find an answer at a doctor's office, nor is it an allergy. A rip can actually cause it, in which case it has to heal and that can take some time. The urethra is a pretty sensitive place (with oodles of nerve endings like your fingers) so its no surprise you feel you everything is pins and needles. But did you ever have any weird sex or masturbation patterns? Any accidents after sex? Sometimes after sex and you don't clean up right away or urinate and your semen can dry out inside your urethra-it makes things stick, to anything like your underwear or bed sheets and when you move it can tear the lining of your urethra. That happens to me and it causes that sensation you're describing. Let me know what you think.

Sexually Transmitted Diseases

John Brice

Educated and certified in STI information, HIV and AIDS, and trained in comprehensive sex education for teens and young adults. Providing counseling in sexuality, sexual interests, and sexual orientations, pregnancy prevention, safer sex initiatives, and teaching health education seminars to adults ages 18-65 for the past 3 years. Serve underserved clients in homeless shelters, workplace readiness programs, and detention centers. Three term AmeriCorps domestic service volunteer and Peace Corps nominee for Health Service to Lesotho and Rwanda. Providing services to the GLBTQIA populations of which I am a member.

3 years as a volunteer Emergency Medical Technician (Advanced) for 3 years and comprehensive sex educator for 3 years and parenting educator for 3 years. *North Carolina State Certified Emergency Medical Technician, #P083512 *Certified Health Education Specialist, #22589

*American Public Health Association *National Commission on Health Education Credentialing

American Public Health Association, Student Assembly, Quarterly Newsletter 2012-2014

*Doctor of Education (candidate), K-12 Teacher Leadership; Capella University *Master of Public Health, Social and Behavioral Sciences; Capella University *Master of Education, Curriculum and Instruction; Concordia University-Portland *Bachelor of Arts, Psychology and English; East Carolina University

Graduated with Distinction from Capella University AllExperts, Top Experts of 2014 (One and Multiple Categories)

*Over 180 clients, lasting 30 sessions, in 5 locations during Florida service. *Over 150 clients, lasting 18 sessions, in 2 locations during South Carolina service.