You are here:

Sexually Transmitted Diseases/genital herpes or allergy? please help


herpes or allergy
herpes or allergy  
Hello there. It has been almost two months since I start feeling itchy, sometimes burning sensation around my anus and there is abnormal skin condition. I went to doctor and he said it should be allergic reaction to something and prescribed a cream(pimafucort) and drugs that lower irritation. However, so far the treatment has been ineffective and I still feel burning sensation and sometimes I have anal bleeding. I start thinking that it might be genital herpes or some kind of STD because 6 months ago I had unprotected sex. To illustrate my situation, I uploaded a photo of mine showing affected areas. Please help me? I'm not really sure about what it is?

Hello I cannot diagnose from pictures or over the internet. You must try to go to another doctor and get a second opinion if the first doctor cannot help you. Don't give up until you get help. And refrain from sex if you are not married. There is no such thing as "protected" sex. There is no method of birth control that is 100% safe in preventing STDs or pregnancy. Let me know what happens.

Diane W.

Sexually Transmitted Diseases

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts




I will be out of town for a few days and won't be able to answer questions. If you would like to email me at I will answer you on my return. What's wrong with me? What should I do to prevent getting a disease? These are the kinds of questions I can answer for ladies or men. Please ask me any questions about STD's (Sexually Transmitted Diseases)that you would like to talk to a woman about. I'm not a medical professional but have 25 years of counseling experience. PLEASE DO NOT SEND ME ANY PICTURES AS I CAN'T DIAGNOSE FROM PICTURES OVER THE INTERNET.


I have counseled young ladies for 25 years.

25 years counseling experience.

©2017 All rights reserved.

[an error occurred while processing this directive]