Sexually Transmitted Diseases/Hpv or irritation

Brown spots
Brown spots  
Brown spots
Brown spots  
QUESTION: I'm curious as to if this is a wart from hpv or a mole. There are to spots as seen in the picture. One is slightly raised and can be felt with fingertip as the other can not. I am sexually active and the spots have been there for a couple months now I believe. Please help

ANSWER: Hi Sean,

I have spots just like yours and one of those is definitely a mole, the other is a cyst. I have mine checked every year by a dermatologist to be measured just to make sure everything is ok. Since you're REALLY pale like me, I would suggest getting checked because light skinned guys like us can develop melanoma if it isn't watched. And yes you can get it down there! Let me know if you have follow up.

Small red spot 1
Small red spot 1  

Small red spot 1
Small red spot 1  
QUESTION: Thank you for the information you provided. I also have this small red very slightly raised spot on the tip of my head. Can you give me your opinion as to what this looks like. I've only noticed it a few days now. It's not painful or irritating

Looks like a cyst to me (again don't pop it). For future reference you'll know its a cyst by its almost perfect dome shape (even pimple have a certain symmetry to them-STI's skin symptoms do not). If you need a follow up, then please consult your PCP.

Sexually Transmitted Diseases

John Brice

Educated and certified in STI information, HIV and AIDS, and trained in comprehensive sex education for teens and young adults. Providing counseling in sexuality, sexual interests, and sexual orientations, pregnancy prevention, safer sex initiatives, and teaching health education seminars to adults ages 18-65 for the past 3 years. Serve underserved clients in homeless shelters, workplace readiness programs, and detention centers. Three term AmeriCorps domestic service volunteer and Peace Corps nominee for Health Service to Lesotho and Rwanda. Providing services to the GLBTQIA populations of which I am a member.

3 years as a volunteer Emergency Medical Technician (Advanced) for 3 years and comprehensive sex educator for 3 years and parenting educator for 3 years. *North Carolina State Certified Emergency Medical Technician, #P083512 *Certified Health Education Specialist, #22589

*American Public Health Association *National Commission on Health Education Credentialing

American Public Health Association, Student Assembly, Quarterly Newsletter 2012-2014

*Doctor of Education (candidate), K-12 Teacher Leadership; Capella University *Master of Public Health, Social and Behavioral Sciences; Capella University *Master of Education, Curriculum and Instruction; Concordia University-Portland *Bachelor of Arts, Psychology and English; East Carolina University

Graduated with Distinction from Capella University AllExperts, Top Experts of 2014 (One and Multiple Categories)

*Over 180 clients, lasting 30 sessions, in 5 locations during Florida service. *Over 150 clients, lasting 18 sessions, in 2 locations during South Carolina service.