Sexually Transmitted Diseases/Please help!!

Question
Bumps
Bumps  
QUESTION: Hi mark,
I'm a 27 year old male from San diego California   I recently noticed these small bumps in my pubic region and on base of my shaft after shaving  ( I used a small plastic gard on my clippers). I've only been with 2 partners in my life and I have been with my current partner for 4 years. Just wondering if you can shed some light on my situation id appreciate it thank you

ANSWER: Hi Tommy,
These bumps look very much like venereal warts (condyloma) caused by human papillomavirus.  Probably would be a good idea to ask your former partner and your present one if they have had any warts or history of abnormal Pap smears. Get yourself check out!

Good luck!
--mark

QUESTION: Also iv done the vieniger test and they stayed pink like and never turned white.  
Could they still be warts??  I mean how long does it take for warts to pop up if you have hpv?

Answer
Hello Again, Tommy,
The "vinegar test" is best done on UNKERATINIZED (usually moist) skin such as the underside of the foreskin/glans penis, the vulva, the anal area. It can be done on the keratinized (dry) skin of the penis, but it is more difficult to interpret and has a less dramatic response.

The photos look like warts, but in order to know for sure, you need to be seen by a knowledgeable health care provider who has experience with such things. Warts frequently present as a ring around the base of the shaft, where the condom doesn't cover.

Good luck!
--mark  

Sexually Transmitted Diseases

Mark P. Behar