Sexually Transmitted Diseases/Red Shiny spot on penis head

Shiny spot
Shiny spot  

Shiny spot
Shiny spot  
I am 25yr old male and I just recently developed a new red shinny spot on the bottom part of my penis head. Had it for about 2 weeks now, right after I noticed a pigmentation change on my penis head, .     It's red shiny and seems to look smooth.  Doesn't itch or burn or any other form of pain. Just want to know if it's something that will go away on its on or I need to use some type of treatment.

Hi Sonny,

Pigmentation changes are actually normal, but they normally occur over a period of time. I have a mole on the glans of my penis and its been there for 15 years, so this may be caused by chaffing or dry skin. Its more consistent with an abrasion burn from masturbation or sexual intercourse, but you didn't mention that in your response, so I'll just add this for context. They usually heal within a few days and in order to avoid them I would recommend using a water or silicone based lubricant to prevent them in the future. If this really is a pigmentation change then make sure you have your dermatologist check it out once a year to make sure it doesn't change in color, size, or shape because that may be an indication of melanoma.

Sexually Transmitted Diseases

John Brice

Educated and certified in STI information, HIV and AIDS, and trained in comprehensive sex education for teens and young adults. Providing counseling in sexuality, sexual interests, and sexual orientations, pregnancy prevention, safer sex initiatives, and teaching health education seminars to adults ages 18-65 for the past 3 years. Serve underserved clients in homeless shelters, workplace readiness programs, and detention centers. Three term AmeriCorps domestic service volunteer and Peace Corps nominee for Health Service to Lesotho and Rwanda. Providing services to the GLBTQIA populations of which I am a member.

3 years as a volunteer Emergency Medical Technician (Advanced) for 3 years and comprehensive sex educator for 3 years and parenting educator for 3 years. *North Carolina State Certified Emergency Medical Technician, #P083512 *Certified Health Education Specialist, #22589

*American Public Health Association *National Commission on Health Education Credentialing

American Public Health Association, Student Assembly, Quarterly Newsletter 2012-2014

*Doctor of Education (candidate), K-12 Teacher Leadership; Capella University *Master of Public Health, Social and Behavioral Sciences; Capella University *Master of Education, Curriculum and Instruction; Concordia University-Portland *Bachelor of Arts, Psychology and English; East Carolina University

Graduated with Distinction from Capella University AllExperts, Top Experts of 2014 (One and Multiple Categories)

*Over 180 clients, lasting 30 sessions, in 5 locations during Florida service. *Over 150 clients, lasting 18 sessions, in 2 locations during South Carolina service.