Sexually Transmitted Diseases/Red spot on penis

Question
red spot on penis
red spot on penis  
I notice the red spots 2 days ago, the last time i had unprotected sex was 5 days ago, it's abit itchy at times and abit pain when i shower. The last time i had this spot is around the neck of the penis which i thought i over exert it and cause the skin tear but this time is on the top of the penis. I am 35 years of age and have never encounter this before. What is this and what are the cause of it? Will it pass to my partner?

Answer
Jerel,

Just in case you've never been tested for HSV (herpes) type 1 or especially 2 in this case, make sure to get tested in about 4 weeks. What this really looks like however are epidermal abrasions causes by unprotected and unlubricated intercourse. Such lesions were caused from shearing of the skin from friction within whatever surface it rubbed against. It will take sometime to heal as yours are a bit worse than I normally see, but I recommend dabbing hydrocortisone on the wounds a couple times a day and making sure that if you do have intercourse in the future always use a water or silicone based lubricant. Please make sure to use a barrier methods until they're completely healed. Let me know if you have follow-up.

Cheers,

John

Sexually Transmitted Diseases

John Brice